Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hate Everything Right Now.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 103 Replies
I've vented before, and nothing is really different, I just needed to get it out Becuase my husband doesn't wish to talk to me about it and I feel like I'm going crazy.

My son's attitude sucks, his behavior is horrible, I live in an apartment with a bitch for a neighbor, so giving in has become my go-to so I don't have to deal with her or get evicted because he stomps and screams when he doesn't get his way. I try to reason with him, but 98% of the time, he's unreasonable.

He's mean to his brothers, he won't do his school work (he's homeschooled so I can't even get help in that area, he hates my guts, calls me names and says he wants to kill me, trashes my house, refuses to do chores, takes FOREVER to go to bed at night, and as shitty as it sounds, I look forward to bedtime because I finally get a break. Last night it took him four hours to stop calling me in for various things or getting up to go to the bathroom, it's typically a 3 hour ordeal, he swears at me, acts horrible in the store. I'm just going to stop there, I just sound like I'm picking out everything wrong with him and I'm not, just voicing some of the things I deal with.

I'm just exhausted. I can't give the attention my other kids deserve because of his behavior, he's in counseling and she says he's improving but I think she's mislead because she only sees how he acts when he's in there, and he's damn near perfect for her. I can't take him places (like fun play places) because he's horrific and makes it not fun for anyone else. And he runs away from me which scares the hell out of me.

Oh and let's not forget the food issue. I literally can only keep one serving of food in the house for each of us at a time because he will eat the rest. When I'm not looking (like I said I have 2 other kids so I can't be with him 100% of the time) he will just shovel food into his mouth. He's overweight, and I'm scared for his future.

I try and try and try with him, I'm just worn out. I feel like I don't want to wake up in the morning sometimes because I just don't have it in me to deal with the drama. Im at a loss, my husband just prefers to bury his head in the sand, I don't know what to do anymore, I'm just done......

Sorry for rambling, thanks for reading, I just needed to vent.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
spunky946
by Emerald Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:45 PM
How old is he? Frankly that does not sound like normal behavior and I would get him tested.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
addiecakesmommy
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Have you considered putting him in school? Maybe they can offer some structure and change that you just can't offer. 

Good luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:48 PM
He's 7.

He's been tested, he has ADHD and ODD, but my husband doesn't believe in drugs, so I'm left to deal with the aftermath. I'm not a big fan of drugs either, but at this point I'm beginning to question my sanity. It's been going on about 6 years, and getting progressively worse. I'm literally just burnt out

Quoting spunky946:

How old is he? Frankly that does not sound like normal behavior and I would get him tested.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:49 PM
Yep. DH won't have it.

Quoting addiecakesmommy:

Have you considered putting him in school? Maybe they can offer some structure and change that you just can't offer. 

Good luck!

addiecakesmommy
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:50 PM

Does your DH watch him and teach him during the day? If not, I would insist he go to school. Your husband can not force you to teach him if it's not working for you.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yep. DH won't have it.

Quoting addiecakesmommy:

Good luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:50 PM
1 mom liked this
So......you created a monster and are now complaining about it? Stop giving in. Have him evaluated. Lock up the food. Take responsibility and be a parent.
mas2124
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:51 PM
1 mom liked this

You need fresh eyes. A therapist, or someone, to come in temporarily just so you can get some advise on how to change the structure of the day, etc, to accomodate what is obviously a special needs child.

sampson200
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:51 PM

Wait, he's SEVEN and he isn't in school and he is getting NO help from anyone, including you OP, regarding his ADD diagnosis.

Just gonna hope he 'walks it off' huh?

lovinglife0682
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:52 PM
I would insist on putting him in school. It sounds like this kid is learning how to behave from his father, his way or no way.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AlekD
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:52 PM

Time to call in a professional (behavioral therapist or psychiatrist) and stop enabling. You can do it, mama. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)