Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

have to talk with daughters teacher

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
She came home without her coat. Its really cold here. (34)

I ask where is her coat? She says she left it in her classroom. I asked why she didn't go back for it. She says she did and her teacher said its not my problem. Dd says she said but I need it. She claims her teacher said and? Its called responsibility.

I guess dd thought she was joking so she started smiling and hee teacher then used her hand to circle her face and said does it look kike I'm smiling? Then told her to go.

So now I need to find out wtf happened. My dd has never lied before but her teacher has never seemed to be so rude before either.

I called the school and the teachers have all left for the day so she gets to go to school in just a jacket because the secretary said they cannot get into classrooms after the teacher has left.

She's 8 and was pretty upset .

:( I really hope my dd is just exaggerating what was said
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AMDS0304
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:54 PM

I would be taking her to school  in the morning then going to the office and demanding to know what happen.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:55 PM
Has your kids teacher never allowed them to retrieve a coat as a lesson in responsibility? That just sounds so neglectful since its so cold. :(
kate80
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:55 PM
Grrrrr..... Momma mad!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:56 PM
I am taking her and will be asking what happened. I just don't understand why she wasn't allowed to get it if she asked.

Quoting AMDS0304:

I would be taking her to school  in the morning then going to the office and demanding to know what happen.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:56 PM

I'd be in the principals office first thing tomorrow morning. If you sent her to school without a coat you'd be facing cps, why should it be ok to let a child go home without one?

428pm
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:57 PM

wtf? what if you guys had plans tonight?  I would be speaking to the principal.

kamrynlily07
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:58 PM
A similar thing happened with my dd. she's 5 & in kindergarten. One day she came home with a completely full lunchbox. I asked her what she ate for lunch and she said nothing bc the teacher wouldn't let her grab her lunch box before lunch. I emailed the teacher to find out the story and the teacher told me that Kamryn ate a sandwich and fruit (that the teacher bought with her own money). Kamryn had told her teacher that she forgot her lunch. That was the first time she lied to me..,
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:59 PM
I don't want to go to the principal first in case dd really didn't ask for the coat. I just want to be sure she asked first before I talk to the principal.
Dd has never lied but her teacher always seems so nice and how dd explained it seems so out of character.
AMDS0304
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:00 PM

I could maybe understand not letting her go back to get it if she didn't want her to miss the bus but that isn't the case. She made it clear why she wasn't letting her get her coat.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am taking her and will be asking what happened. I just don't understand why she wasn't allowed to get it if she asked.

Quoting AMDS0304:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:01 PM
But some of the things dd said really has me believing her. Dd even showed me how her teacher circled her face and said does it look like I am smiling.

Idk. I am so confused right now
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)