Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you relieve sore muscles?

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:57 PM
  • 14 Replies
I think I actually may need to go to the doctor tomorrow but I figured asking you all would be a decent idea.

On Saturday morning I did a physical agility test for phase 2. I went into total muscle failure in my legs, twice and once in my arms during a 175lb dummy drag 150ft.

I began using my back to pull bc it was slipping and I was trying to get through the event.

Well, two days later, I'm in an intense amount of pain. I have a super high pain tolerance but there have been times I wanted to cry.

My lower back kills to be in any position, forget about bending. My hamstrings are really bad, too. I literally cannot drive bc straightening out and pushing the pedals is so painful.

I've stretched about 4 times today and I felt a bit better for 10mins. Obviously, there is no comfortable position. I went to the gym today but avoided legs.

So far, I've tried an epsom salt bath, ibuprofen, massage, heating pad. Nothing is working.

Oh and when I get up and walk, my feet go numb. Probably from the swelling and it hitting my sciatic but ffs this sucks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BeAmour
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:19 PM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeAmour
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:33 PM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:35 PM
Have you tried ice? What about an Aleve?

It sounds like you probably need a muscle relaxer though :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ColieO
by Emerald Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:37 PM
Hot bath. For a good hour.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AngelRT
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:38 PM

I do yoga! Plus plenty of water! 

cookiecounter
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:40 PM
A protein and glutamine shake. Helps with muscle recovery.
BeAmour
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:52 PM

I need something, that's for damn sure. For some reason, I feel like it's more than just sore muscles though. I work out pretty hard and never have I felt this badly.

Quoting iamcafemom83:

Have you tried ice? What about an Aleve?

It sounds like you probably need a muscle relaxer though :(

itsm3
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:15 PM

acupuncture and cupping for extreme muscle pain.  this cured me of a lower back pull.  i wasted 2wks eating meds, muscle relaxants, warm baths etc etc and then i finally called my acupuncturist and she did a treatment on me with needles, then cupping then made an appt for me at her clinic with a RMT and the following day - no more pain!! i was floored.

oh and rest for a few days... maybe you're overtraining...?

BeAmour
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:17 PM
i'm open to pretty much anything at this point.

Quoting itsm3:

acupuncture and cupping for extreme muscle pain.  this cured me of a lower back pull.  i wasted 2wks eating meds, muscle relaxants, warm baths etc etc and then i finally called my acupuncturist and she did a treatment on me with needles, then cupping then made an appt for me at her clinic with a RMT and the following day - no more pain!! i was floored.

oh and rest for a few days... maybe you're overtraining...?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nancym3
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:19 PM
Cherry tart juice. See if you can find it at your grocery store or health food store.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)