Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ugh! So pissed!

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:58 PM
  • 21 Replies

We took DD1 to the dentist today. We tried out a family practice (new) so we could all go to the same place in the future.

Her appt was at 3:30pm and we show up at 3:20 since I know being new patients, we'll have to fill out some forms. We walk in and there's no one at the desk, and we're the only ones there. The hygenist comes out and says "Hello", and walks back in the back. I thought that was weird since we've never been there before.

We wait 20 minutes. The phone rings 4 times and no one ever picks it up. The chick comes out at the 4th missed phone call, still not acknowledging us, and sits at the desk doing stuff. A patient comes out of the back with the dentist just shooting the shit like they're friends and the dentist doesn't even acknowledge us. DH waits until the patient leaves, and then says to just cancel our appt and the girl is like "Oh well we can see you right now. The patient getting fillings took longer than we anticipated". He looks at her and says "Just cancel it. Thanks"

I don't know what the hell is wrong with some places. We don't mind waiting, but at least acknowledge us?

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
428pm
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:01 PM

I would have done the same, if they let 4 phone calls go and are lacksadaisy in there bookings they won't be reliable in my opinion

gramattmom
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:01 PM
2 moms liked this

That is just plain rude, I would never go back to that place.

Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:02 PM

Wow.  Doesn't sound like a very professional office at all.  Have to wonder how many other clients they've lost with the same behavior.

robibuni
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:02 PM

Yeah, we're not going back.

For the amount we pay in insurance every month, we're gonna be 110% happy with wherever we choose.

Quoting gramattmom:

That is just plain rude, I would never go back to that place.

ff-princess
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:03 PM

lackadaisical

Quoting 428pm:

I would have done the same, if they let 4 phone calls go and are lacksadaisy in there bookings they won't be reliable in my opinion

robibuni
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:04 PM

Well they had nothing but 5 star ratings on yelp.com (we're talking 10+ reviews, too), so evidently we caught them on a bad day? I dunno.

But they definitely lost us, and DH gave them a horrible review online.

Quoting Diamepphyre:

Wow.  Doesn't sound like a very professional office at all.  Have to wonder how many other clients they've lost with the same behavior.

428pm
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:04 PM

thanks!

Quoting ff-princess:

lackadaisical

Quoting 428pm:

robibuni
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:13 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:14 PM

Sounds like a typical dental office to me. I would have stayed....

robibuni
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:15 PM

Really? Any dentist I've ever been to at least had someone at the front desk to greet people when they came in, and answered the phones.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sounds like a typical dental office to me. I would have stayed....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)