Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my friends wedding

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies

I have a friend or who I thought was my friend. She is my husband's 2nd cousin and we grew up together going to school. We were friends throughout most of our school career. She is engaged to my husband's best friend and he doesn't like me and treats me like crap. He is always telling me that I am a worthless loser and that I am a waste of gods good talent. Now that he and my friend are getting married she has been treating me like crap. I had her as my maid of honor in my wedding and she is not having me in her wedding at all. She is however having my husband in her wedding as her husband's best man. He is having 3 stand for him and she is only having 2 stand for her. She is having this girl that she told me that she don't like or even get along with as her maid of honor and it makes me so mad because she tried to have an affair with my husband. I am really upset about this and she knows all this. My husband doesn't see anything wrong with it either.  For the last week I have been having a dream, the same dream that I am at her wedding and I am wearing all black. It is really weird, I do everything that I can for my friend and are always there for her no matter what and I am doing so much for her wedding and I feel like all I am getting out of all this is a slap in the face. I have been crying so much. And to top it all of my hubby told me that she told him that she don't really like me nd never realyy has and that she only hangs out with me because she feels sorry for me and that when all her other friends are busy then I am her last choice.  I know that it's her wedding and she can do it and have it her way, I guess I am just confused. Any suggestions or advice would be great. Thanks

~April

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
i_lovedyoufirst
by Gabriella (: on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:03 PM
3 moms liked this
Wow.
My dh wouldn't be apart of her wedding period,nor would he be best friends with that guy.
He needs to grow up & stand up for you.
You are his wife & far more important than that friend.
You need to stand up for yourself as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
evelynolivesmom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:07 PM

This

Quoting i_lovedyoufirst:

Wow.
My dh wouldn't be apart of her wedding period,nor would he be best friends with that guy.
He needs to grow up & stand up for you.
You are his wife & far more important than that friend.
You need to stand up for yourself as well.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:07 PM

thank you.. i want to really sit down with them all and talk this out but i guess i am afraid.

i_lovedyoufirst
by Gabriella (: on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:10 PM
People will treat you,how you let them treat you. Don't let them treat you badly. I'm disappointed your dh sees absolutely nothing wrong with anything you wrote here. I'd be reconsidering his ass. But that may just be me

Quoting Anonymous:

thank you.. i want to really sit down with them all and talk this out but i guess i am afraid.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:12 PM

thank you so much. it feel so nice to be able to talk about ths and get it off my chest.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:13 PM

Firstly she has shown you that she is not your friend. If you feel bad feel bad because you discovered this realtity, do not be sad over not having a friend like her, she sounds no good

Secondly your DH should not be in a wedding or hanging out with people who talk so poorly about you. If the roles were reversed would you?

Sasha-
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:14 PM

Well if my SO was yours he would tell them to both fu** off.  He would not be any where around them.  I would not let it upset me though,  in fact I would pretend like it didn't at all and go make other plans when their wedding is.

eoewan
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:16 PM

I agree with the pps. You need to stop doing things for the wedding that you are no part of. And, you need to cut all ties with them. Also, your dh should be sticking up for you. He needs to pull out of the wedding. Why does he have a friend that doesn't like you and Disrespects you? Your dh should be your champion not a bystander.

alexsmomaubrys2
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:17 PM

I can't even imagine that you would WANT to be in her wedding and I can't believe that your husband allows his friend to treat you like that.

To me it sounds like an issue with your husband.

Sasha-
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:17 PM

If this was family I would agree with you  but friends or well these people ehh?  You have to ask yourself if its really worth it or not.  If your husband wants you to then maybe but if not I would truly tell them to fu** off.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)