Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pap/Hpv?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

Alright, here is the scoop.

Normal pap would be considered a 1. As the numbers increase the chance you have something does as well. The pap I had just before my current one resulted slightly abnormal on the scale a 2. As a result of that instead of waiting another year I had to go back in 6 months later just to see if it was something that would subside its self. My most recent pap revealed another anormal pap and slightly more increased a 3. The nurse discussed with me it could be nothing or it could be something. Sometimes they come back abnormal if there are increased levels of yeast and so forth. She also said it could be HPV. This is something you can be exposed to at any given time on skin-on-skin contact (sexually of course). She said it is something that progresses and subsides both over time. She gave me a couple options. Either wait another  months and see if it has resolved itself/or gotten worse. Or go to an OBGYN and have them take a close look and if there is anything scrap it from my cervix. This procedure could possibably hinder having childred but not always the case. My question is... What would you do? I 20, and more than anything want more kids, but if its something I dont want to be under concerned. GIve me your thoughts. And if I have my information incorrect PLEASE correct me!!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Melissa_4
by Navy Mom on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:32 PM

I was 24 years old and TTC when I got a "mild dysplasia, HPV positive" pap back.  In less than 6 months it went from mild to the end stage of severe.  I had LEEP done, and had my first baby at 28.  I'm 43, have four children ages 6 through 15, and last October had another bad pap come back. First it was HPV negative, then after the colposcopy it came back as HPV positive but not for type 4 or 10 (whatever the two major ones are that cause cancer).  They did another LEEP, under general anesthesia this time (thank GOD!  It's barbaric!).

So while I had it done at 24, I went on to have four children.  The first was 5 weeks early, the rest were 12 days early and weighed over 8 pounds each (no pregnancy diabetes or high BP).

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:36 PM

That is relieving to hear! I don't know anyone who has had this same experience that is close to me and not many friends here that I would just ask hey ever had an abnormal pap? So, you would suggest the OBGYN then?

BEXi
by BEXi on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:38 PM

I just had the colposcopy done a few days ago. They took two biopsies from my cervix.

Youre only 20 years old?? GET IT DONE.

ETA* I want to add, my doctor never mentioned HPV to me. I believe my abnormal papsmear was caused by something else. I go back in 6 months for another papsmear, thats if I dont hear from them sooner about the biopsies.

Money Hungry Mommy Blog

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:54 PM

How old are you?

Quoting BEXi:

I just had the colposcopy done a few days ago. They took two biopsies from my cervix.

ETA* I want to add, my doctor never mentioned HPV to me. I believe my abnormal papsmear was caused by something else. I go back in 6 months for another papsmear, thats if I dont hear from them sooner about the biopsies.

BEXi
by BEXi on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:57 PM

I am 24.

Quoting Anonymous:

How old are you?

Quoting BEXi:

Money Hungry Mommy Blog

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)