Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cm doctors and nurses!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
I know you're not doctors and nurses, but I need help here.. My four year old son had been waking up in the middle of the night for about 6 months now, crying that his feet/legs hurt. At first I thought growing pains, so I started giving him Motrin and warm baths and rubbing his legs/ feet. But for the past month the waking up is around 2/4 times a night and his right foot is swollen on the mornings but is back to normal around noon.. Last week his prek teacher said during circle time he was complaining his feet hurt and was almost on tears. She said he had up get up and walk and drink some water. last night his feet hurt and I went to rub them like normal he jumped up crying not to touch him because my hands are "pokey like a splinter". I called his pedi two Weeks ago she can't see him til Feb 6th. Its getting to the point i'm about to drive the hour and take him to the Childrens hospital.. Any ideas what it.could be?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
TaylorBaby
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:13 PM

gout?? it's nearly impossible for kids to have it i think but that is the only thing that comes to mind.

bowribbonmama
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:14 PM
Restless leg syndrome?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CV3
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:16 PM

I vote for not waiting till the 6th  just on the fact that he is in so much pain. I cant believe your pedi wont see him till then, what do they do with sick kids? If I were you, next time he complained I would take him to the nearest walk in or urgi-care center.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:17 PM

Almost sounds like peripheral neuropathy. That's not good. I'd make the drive and get him diagnosed ASAP. Many things that I won't go into there can cause PN. And most of them need to be treated actively. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:17 PM
I have that, so it could be.. But could that cause swelling? My feet don't swell but I also never had this til I was much older.

Quoting bowribbonmama:

Restless leg syndrome?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:21 PM
Their reason is they lost two doctors, so they are super booked. I told them how much pain he is in. she asked "is this new" I said " No its been going on awhile but getting much worse". They said he's been dealing this long so a few Weeks would be ok... I hate that place, sadly.its the only pedi here that will take his insurance unless they are already established at another clinic..

Quoting CV3:

I vote for not waiting till the 6th  just on the fact that he is in so much pain. I cant believe your pedi wont see him till then, what do they do with sick kids? If I were you, next time he complained I would take him to the nearest walk in or urgi-care center.

CV3
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:27 PM

Well is your ER copay rediculous? If not, take him there or an Urgi-Care. It is sad to think of a little guy in so much pain :-(

Quoting Anonymous:

Their reason is they lost two doctors, so they are super booked. I told them how much pain he is in. she asked "is this new" I said " No its been going on awhile but getting much worse". They said he's been dealing this long so a few Weeks would be ok... I hate that place, sadly.its the only pedi here that will take his insurance unless they are already established at another clinic..

Quoting CV3:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:32 PM
Its 300$ but I don't even care at this point. If they will help, I'll take him and pay it.

Quoting CV3:

Well is your ER copay rediculous? If not, take him there or an Urgi-Care. It is sad to think of a little guy in so much pain :-(

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting CV3:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)