Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm so excited!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1 Replies

I have been dreading my birthday since I turned 23. I have an irrational fear of growing old, and I have been down about being 26 this year. I had to grow up really fast, because of a bad home life, and then having kids at a young age.  I wanted to stay home this year, not go out with my parents to eat, not do anything. Well, DH knows that I haven't been looking forward to it, especially since he has to leave Friday afternoon (my birthday) around 2pm. He has something special planned, and i'm excited to see what it is, since we've been married nearly 8 years and he hasn't bothered to do anything for me (the last time anyone really ever acknowledged my birthday was when i was 16, and it was an "oh, happy birthday"). Also, I woke up this morning and said "fuck it, I'm going out Friday night". I've never gone to a bar, a club, anywhere. I have had maybe three drinks in my whole life. I'm not a party person, because I stay home with my kids and DH on weekends and we do family things, but he'll be out of town, and my mom already said she wanted the kids to spend the weekend with her, so hell, I ain't sitting hom on  my ass! I made a reservation at a bar downtown, and am gathering girlfriends, and we're going out to have a good time.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
beingme75
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:21 PM
Good for u!!!! I fully understand the importance of family/kids/home, etc! Been there, dnt that! But u also need time for u, grown up nights!! Start living honey!! Life is what u make of it so u may as well make it your own and a great one!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)