Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does your husband do this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 51 Replies

Dh had to go help his uncle, who lives 5 minutes away, do something. He said it should take "20 minutes or so". 3.5 hours later and he's still not home. He doesn't do it to be a jerk, he genuinely always underestimates how long it will take to do something. It's like the man has NO concept of time lol. He does it ALL the time! Does your husband or so do this?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IandLoveandYou
by Penny Lane on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:28 PM

No, I do that lol.

Not Thaaat bad, but I do have poor concept of time and I'm frequently late. Luckily I'm marrying the most patient man on the face of the Earth!

For Christmas my fiance bought me a shirt that said "Sorry I'm Late" on the front :P.

Sasha-
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:28 PM

Yes but he has gotten alot better about it.  now he overestimates so he can say he is home early.

luvmymunchkins3
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:28 PM
yes it drives me freaking crazy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
theosgirl45
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:29 PM

Yes.  He gets to talking to someone and just loses all track of time.  Makes me crazy.

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:29 PM
My DH has no concept of time, but on a longer scale. He's fine with minutes and hours, but something that happened two weeks ago may as well have happened three months ago.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:30 PM

Oh yes he does.  It is so frustrating.  I think wanting to help others is so nice but unfortunately, he gets taken advantage of a lot.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:30 PM

Not that long, but he does seem to take an inordinate amount of time to do everything. I know he drives faster than the speed limit, almost everywhere, and I usually drive under so I always wonder why it takes him longer than me to go back and forth to the exact same place. Sometimes he will be long just running to the convenient store, but it always turns out he's run into someone he knows and was talking to them forever. In his line of work he's always running into people he knows.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:30 PM

Quoting IandLoveandYou:

No, I do that lol.

Not Thaaat bad, but I do have poor concept of time and I'm frequently late. Luckily I'm marrying the most patient man on the face of the Earth!

For Christmas my fiance bought me a shirt that said "Sorry I'm Late" on the front :P.

Lol I love it, I need one for him!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:31 PM
Yes, drives me up the wall!
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:31 PM

oh yes. but only work related lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)