Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dear christians: Please, please, please...ETA

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 81 Replies
5 moms liked this
Stop making posts that make all Christians look like idiots. I just want to go to church on Sunday and do my thing. And I just want to come onto cafemom and do my thing.

But I just want to cry when I see another badly spelled and punctuated, grammatically incorrect 'Christian' post full of preachy dogma and ridiculous generalizations. No wonder people don't want to be Christians; you make us look like idiots!

(I'm not talking about posts with bible verses and pretty pictures. I don't mind those. Especially when the title states what it contains, so people know not to look if they don't care)

ETA: because people keep harping on this, and I'm tired of trying to answer each one individually, I would like to clarify: I don't think God cares about grammar. I don't think good grammar makes one a good Christian. I do, however, think bad grammar makes you look uneducated, and makes your point seem less valid. That's what bothers me about grammar.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lwalker270
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:35 PM

I couldn't agree with you more.  

acrogodess
by Emerald Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:36 PM
Agreed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelenia
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:36 PM
agreed!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jillbailey26
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:41 PM
6 moms liked this

For the record, you don't have to actually open or read the posts.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:44 PM
Really? I thought I was required to open and read every post on cafemom! You've saved me hours of valuable time!!

Whether or not I read them is not the point. Other people are still reading them and getting a bad impression.

Quoting jillbailey26:

For the record, you don't have to actually open or read the posts.

Bright.Eyes
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:44 PM
7 moms liked this

God doesn't look for perfection. He looks at your heart. Try to be more like Him, mama.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:47 PM
yes because all christians should be educated to the fullest and have perfect grammar because their god loves them more.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:47 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't presume to know the mind of God, but I know He wants us to bring people to Him...not scare them away with crazy, judgmental attitudes. Unless I've misinterpreted the bible somehow...

Quoting Bright.Eyes:

God doesn't look for perfection. He looks at your heart. Try to be more like Him, mama.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:48 PM
Ignore it if you don't like it.
kate80
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:48 PM
I wish more of them were like you!

ETA after op update. I understand. It is the same in any religion, or group for that matter. There are always though who feel the need to be the spokesman, but they are usually not very bright about it. Therefore by association, everyone in the group seems not so bright. The WBC of the world.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)