Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My husband told me he liked someone from work..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

We got into an argument last night over one of his guy friend's who has a crush on me. I started crying because we've both hurt each other in the past and it feels like my DH holds it against me. I asked him if he trusted me and he said, "For the most part." Then he went on saying he has a crush on someone from work... When I asked him about it, he said he was just using that as an example and that he didn't have a crush on anyone. I clearly heard him say, "..like the girl I like from work." I feel like he's twisting his words around and I'm not really sure what to do. Any suggestions?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:36 PM
I don't think I would trust him... Sounds like there are a lot of issues going on. Why are you keeping a guy friend who you know likes you around?
BEXi
by BEXi on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:37 PM
2 moms liked this

Sounds like he let it slip out of anger and is backpeddling.. I would be asking more questions honestly. :\

Money Hungry Mommy Blog

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:37 PM

it sounds to me like you should look into some marriage consoling because it sounds like there are a lot of issues going on.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:39 PM

No it's his guy friend. He had his friends over the other night and we both noticed his friend was being flirtatious. It was the first I even knew about his friend having an interest in me but I feel like my DH doesn't trust me when other men are the ones making the move.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't think I would trust him... Sounds like there are a lot of issues going on. Why are you keeping a guy friend who you know likes you around?

GraceStrickland
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:41 PM

Sounds like you're both insecure.  And I don't mean that in a cruel way at all, but see if your insurance will cover a few sessions with a counselor just to get some healthy communication in.  He obviously feels threatened if he threw that out, whether it's true or not.

NNB
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:43 PM

This sounds set for disaster.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:44 PM

Not always your fault for someone having a crush on you.  It is what you do back.  If you did nothing, you are innocent and he should not be bringing it up.

kelly617
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:52 PM

Sounds like you guys might need some marriage counseling...if by "hurt each other in the past" you mean cheating you both probably have trust issues

Go talk to someone about it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)