Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

o.O allergic to semen....oh my!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 109 Replies
I'm allergic to my husbands semen. After sex I swell up, burn, and itch like crazy, doesn't matter what I do, its always the same reaction. My vagina hurts for days after sex. I'm allergic to condoms and the lube on them, so that really isn't an option, I'm allergic to a lot of things.

Anyways my husband has been saying that we are going to have a sexless marriage, I keep telling him the pain and discomfort that his semen causes me, is totally worth it, but he feels bad when I walk around bow legged after sex because I'm swollen.

Does anybody have any ideas, tips, advice, anything for this particular problem?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:46 PM
And yes I'm 100% sure it is not an STD, it only happens after sex, and only lasts for a few days, and then its all better.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:47 PM
See your gyno
.Funfetti.
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:48 PM

What does your OB say?

Jessica_Esqueda
1 mom liked this

there are multiple types of condoms. What about unlubricated latex-free condoms? 

swmmra
1 mom liked this

I would go in and have you and him tested. So that you can find out what exactly it is in his semen that you are reacting to. There might be something in his diet that he can change. Are you allwergic to latex? You can get non-latex and non-lubricated condoms. 

http://www.condomdepot.com/product/catalog.cfm?nid=210

DEJavu17
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:49 PM
Eek!

I've got nothing....
:-/
Sorry
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:50 PM
I'm allergic to latex, and all lubes, and I have mild reactions to avanti skyn condoms (latex free) but nothing super severe, just mild discomfort and a little burning

Quoting swmmra:

I would go in and have you and him tested. So that you can find out what exactly it is in his semen that you are reacting to. There might be something in his diet that he can change. Are you allwergic to latex? You can get non-latex and non-lubricated condoms. 

http://www.condomdepot.com/product/catalog.cfm?nid=210

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:51 PM
I have never seen an unlubricated condom for sale in my area

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

there are multiple types of condoms. What about unlubricated latex-free condoms? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:52 PM

Try lambskin condoms. I am allergic to latex condoms too (not semen though). I am also sensitive to many things.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:53 PM
He says that sometimes it helps to have lots and lots of sex and the allergy tends to leave, but if you have any breaks then it will come back. As long as I'm not going into shock or have problems breathing then it isn't super concerning and to do it if I feel I can tolerate the discomfort, there really isn't anything that can be done

Quoting .Funfetti.:

What does your OB say?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)