Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My kid sent another kid to the hospital

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:03 PM
  • 108 Replies
4 moms liked this

I'm so upset. Three of my boys were playing man hunt in the woods behind our house with a bunch of other kids in the neighborhood. My five year old son isn't allowed to run around there alone, so he was on a team with my ten year old brother (I'm the guardian of my siblings). They ran into a group of three boys who are juniors in high school. One of them had a bbgun and was trying to shoot birds in the trees. My son loves animals, so my brother told them to stop doing that and to go away. They wouldn't stop, so my son told them he was going to go tell my husband and they started running back to our house. They grabbed the boys and told them that they better not tell. The boy who had the gun had my brother, he tried to get away from him, so he hit him and pushed him down.

By now my 17 year old brother heard them yelling and came running. He's in the same grade as the boys. All three of them are on the football team at school, the one who had my brother on the ground is the quarterback, so he's much bigger than my 4'6'' 65 pound 10 year old brother. He's one of those boys who is seen as the good old golden boy when in reality he's a complete jerk when adults aren't around, he bullies a lot of kids. My brother found the kid on top of my brother pinning him down and another boy was holding my son by the arms. The quarterback was telling them that he was going to throw them in the creek. He told them to let go of the kids and tried to push the kid off, but he wasn't strong enough. 

So, my brother grabbed the bbgun that was on the ground and told him again to get off of him, the kid says "what are you going to do, shoot me?", and was laughing at him. My brother swung the gun at him and hit him in the head with the butt of the gun. He starts bleeding and gets off of my brother and the other kid lets go of my son because now they are all freaking out and gathered around the kid who he hit. He picked up my son and my boys came running back to the house to get help. The kid ended up going to the hospital and needed six stitches in his head. His parents started freaking out and called the police, so we went to the hospital to talk to the police and the parents. The parents wanted to press charges, until the police officer warned them that if they did, they would lose in a heartbeat since he did it in the defense of two little kids, not going to look too good for their boy whose trying to get into Harvard, (I love small town police who actually know the people they are working with) so they shut up about it after that. My husband told them that he didn't want to see their son on our property ever again and if any of the boys went anywhere near our kids at school, he would be the one calling the police.

I'm not okay with my kids fighting, they know they aren't allowed to even hit back if someone hits them first, I don't approve of revenge shots, but they are allowed to fight back if they need to to get away from being hurt. The nurse on duty is married to the vice principal of the school, he was at the hospital bringing her dinner, and saw the whole thing with the police and said he would make sure to watch the boys at school and make sure those boys stay away from my kids. The vice principal is also my 17 year old brothers track coach and knows he would never go after the kid unless he needed to and knows what a bully the other kid can be. He's also the brother of the footbal coach, and I know he's going to be pissed when he hears from his brother that three of his players have been picking on and threatening little kids.

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LucyHarper
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:13 PM

BUMP!

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Im sorry, but letting kids five to seventeen alone with a bb gun sounds like a recipie for disaster
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
halleys_mommy_1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:19 PM
2 moms liked this
Good for your brothers!!!!! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
halleys_mommy_1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:20 PM
Ops kids didnt have it. It was older kids

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

Im sorry, but letting kids five to seventeen alone with a bb gun sounds like a recipie for disaster

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucyHarper
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:21 PM

My kids didn't have the bbgun, we had nothing to do with that, it was just this random group of 17 year old boys who had it, they weren't playing with them and those kids weren't part of the game. I don't see a huge issue with letting a 17 year old use a bbgun unsupervised as long as they are responsible, obviously these kids aren't, but I'm not their parent so thats not my issue.

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:22 PM
Ah, I see that now...must have missed that
BeAmour
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:23 PM
8 moms liked this
lol i bet that jock feels awfully stupid by getting fucked up by his own bbgun!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GirlWSemiAuto
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:24 PM
4 moms liked this
I'm glad your boys stick together.
LucyHarper
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:25 PM

He's going to feel even more stupid tomorrow when the coach gets on him about it. Hopefully he doesn't try to retaliate. 

Quoting BeAmour:

lol i bet that jock feels awfully stupid by getting fucked up by his own bbgun!

Kaya529
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:26 PM
1 mom liked this
You have a good hearted brother :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)