Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why am I the only parent????

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 58 Replies
My daughter's in pre school and she loves painting. But I dont understand why they dont use washable paint!? She ruined a new pair of boots I had just bought her for xmas and today she came home with a ruined sweater that was new. I asked the substitute teacher today if I could take her own paint but she suggested I just send her with the same ruined sweater & shoes daily. Im going to talk to her teacher tomorrow and see if I can take DD an apron. But the sub said I was the first parent to ever complain about this :/ is ruined clothes something I shuld just expect in pre school? I mean I know kids ruin clothes but if we can prevent it (washable paint) we should, right?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BEXi
by BEXi on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:27 PM
4 moms liked this

I would wonder why they werent using washable paint either... I would be upset! I wouldnt be able to afford to keep replacing clothes unless we just went to goodwill for everything.

Money Hungry Mommy Blog

mybabyapples
by Nickels on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:27 PM
Id want to prevent it too!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KelissaMaye
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:29 PM
2 moms liked this
Our daycare provided old tee shirts (adult size) to put over the kids clothes. What kind of preschool doesn't use washable paint?
ardiaxe
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:31 PM

I would be pissed!  All of the paint is washable in my sons preschool.  He always comes home clean and they do plenty of art. I think they wear smocks when they paint too.

alf2651
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:33 PM
2 moms liked this

I'd be very upset that they weren't using washable paint with preschoolers. They could at least either provide smocks or old t-shirts for them to paint in or ask the parents to send one in with their child.

CafeMom Tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:35 PM
I cqnt upload pbotos from my phone but I wil do it later....im not talking about a drop or two of paint...its like sh e Po urposely painted her sweater!
kewimom
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:36 PM
1 mom liked this

My sons 3rd grade teacher went to a store and bought a bunch of cheap adult xl tshirts when they were doing a messy project for all the kids so they wouldn't ruin clothes.  My MIL is a preschool director.  They use washable paints and tshirts everytime.  That is clueless and lazy.  My guess some gave her the paints free and too cheap to go buy other paints and coverups. 

lovemysnugbugs
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:36 PM
I think the paint they use in my kids' preschool is washable, but I'm not even sure. They wear smocks when they paint, so they've never come home messy. But I also have them wear older clothes to school usually. That way if it gets ruined I'm not too upset.
GigantaursMommy
by MrsAwesomePants on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:36 PM

My sons preschool uses washable paint and has aprons for all of the children. Why in heavens name would they not use washable paint? That makes no sense.

Cheribomb
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:36 PM
1 mom liked this

our school had the kids bring in oversized shirts to put over thier clothes to prevent them from getting paint on the clothes.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)