Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why do my in law think i dont know how to cook???

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:39 PM
  • 2 Replies

I hate it when they think that it get me mad... i do know how to cook been cooking since i was 12.. every time i want to help with a dish for a party the say no that i don't know how to cook or they call me later and tell me never mind so and so well make it just bring drinks.... i told my DH whats up with that?.. i cook for my mother in law before and sis in law and they it my food and say it was good i know they like it cause there are never left overs... so what do your in laws think that you don't know what to do or how to do   anything      shrugging

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Pink.Frosting
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:43 PM

Sounds like they just want to make you jealous and to "one up" you.  I would ignore them and cook anyway!  They say bring drinks?  Bring one 2-liter soda and a few of your best dishes that you cook.  Just because they say don't cook anything, doesn't mean you have to listen!  I wouldn't tell them ahead of time either, just show up with the food.

SnapIt
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:43 PM
Maybe they cook differently and dont like the taste. Some people cook too bland or too salty so maybe its one of the two
Or...
You probably cook really good and they have to pick it apart
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)