Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I return HER

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 68 Replies

Holey Moley ppl... the title is to catch the readers eye, we have NO intentions of returning our puppy and we adore her. We have researched how to take care of the problem but I am looking for how others have handled it...geesh lol.

Ok, so our family adopted a 2 month old puppy from the local shelter. She is adorable and tiny. She is part austrailian shepherd and part we dont know. We are taking her to the vet in a few weeks to have her all checked out and are working on house training and all that.

My only concern is that it has been a LONG time since I have had a puppy... and this puppy loves to bite onto clothes, pants, etc and "play" while growling. As of right now I am just taking this as puppy behavior and hope to at some point break her of it... however having three young children the behavior concerns me. She goes up to my two year old, bites her pants and growls as if she were tugging on a rope or something (does it to all of us), luckily the two year old handles it well and doesnt freak out.

So those of you who have had puppies... is this just a stage or should this be giving me red flags....

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:52 PM
3 moms liked this

People like you really fucking piss me off.  You should have done your research before adopting a puppy.

happy41ce
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:53 PM
Are you fucking serious?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Perfect.Pixie
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:53 PM
Why get a puppy if you can't handle a puppy? Arghhh!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

People like you really fucking piss me off.  You should have done your research before adopting a puppy.

Um... done my research? we researched how to stop biting, we researched how to house train, we researched how to care for a puppy?

I have done my "research" but I would like personal stories of other moms who have raised a puppy.

The post title was just to catch a readers eye and read it. I have no intentions of returning our puppy, we adore her.

southernwldchld
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:54 PM
1 mom liked this

It's puppy behavior, redirect to an appropriate toy and make sure she gets plenty of playtime.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:54 PM
You are a red flag...shame'
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:54 PM
Get a puppy and THEN think about it. Yes that is the right way to do it.
emeraldangel2.0
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:55 PM

smh

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:55 PM

Sounds like a normal puppy to me. If it is concerning to you correct her. Everytime you see her start to tug on someones clothing tell her no and pull her off.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:55 PM
Lawd a mercy! Smh. Sounds like you bit off more than you can chew. And you don't know too much about dogs.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)