Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Unemployment...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
So I am not complaining because anything is better than nothing. Anyway I made $300 to $500 a week at my last job. I filed for unemployment and was approved for $44 a week...is that right?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:49 PM

Unemployment is based on what you made the previous year, not what you were making at the time of filing.

CreziaMommyTo2
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:57 PM

Yes.

i use to make 425 a week based off a 6 figure salary, this was almost 10 years ago, but unemployment doesn't match or come close to your weekly salary 

brittany208
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:06 PM

There is a cap, so you aren't going to make 6 figues... but it should be more than $44! I don't think thats right at all.

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

Yes.

i use to make 425 a week based off a 6 figure salary, this was almost 10 years ago, but unemployment doesn't match or come close to your weekly salary 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:08 PM
What state are you in?
jridgill
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:09 PM
How long were you at the previous job?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:11 PM
Calculate the highest quarter earnings(13 weeks) with a calculator. You will receive 4 percent of the total wages in the highest quarter.

The maximum weekly benefit rate requires earnings of $8,875 for a weekly check of $355.

The minimum weekly benefit rate requires $1,325 for a weekly check of $53.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:11 PM

TO me it doesnt sound right..My DH got unemployment. he was making about 1600 every 2 weeks, and was approved for almost the same amount while he was on unemployment.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:12 PM

damn that is low. My husband was getting $550 every two weeks. Maybe you  didn't make enough or work enough to much more.  I would call them and ask them if that is right and if they can explain why it is so low.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:14 PM
where do you live at. In florida the max amount a month is $1100 $550 every two weeks.
Quoting Anonymous:

TO me it doesnt sound right..My DH got unemployment. he was making about 1600 every 2 weeks, and was approved for almost the same amount while he was on unemployment.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:16 PM
No that doesn't seem right. I made 400 a week before taxes and they paid me 256 a week in EDD
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN