Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm usually the type of mom that loves when DD has friend's over ...but...(UPDATE: she is no longer welcomed here)

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:53 PM
  • 2 Replies

LIke my title said , i am usually the type of mom that doesn't say no to friends coming over ...

DD has one friend that alway's come's over and i am fine with that , she is a nice little girl and she is polite.

However , i have been noticing that she tends to just stop by now ..no phone call, no text ...she just show's up. (she showed up at 5:30 ..just when we were eating dinner, it was already dark. I let her come in tonight and did feed her, but my other half had to cut his chicken in half to give to her)

I have asked her tonight to please call or text before coming over , honestly its because we are just scraping by on food for our dinners and its getting hard to feed another mouth (no i did not tell her this).

I am just wondering , should i just leave it to telling the girl to call/text and hope that she does so? ..or should i text her mom and ask the mom to please make sure a text/ call is placed before coming over ? 

The girl is 9 going on 10.

UPDATE: Well the girl did stop the above incident , however she was here about a week ago and everything seemed to be going fine, that night when she left i went to do some sweeping and found that my broom was hidden. Turns out it was broken, the broom handle itself had been snapped and the peice was still stuck in the brush of the broom. I didn't think DD did it , she usually apologizes up and down when she breaks something , but i asked her anyways if she knew what happend. 

Turns out the girl was stepping on it , and DD had asked her to stop before she broke it ...DD said that she didn't realize that she had broken it and hid it. 

I haven't seen the girl or her mom since to ask her about it.

But DD has another friend that she gets a long with , and she wanted to go to her house but i have a rule that i have to meet the parents first , so we headed over there the other night and me and the mom got to talking and the same girl was mentioned, before i could say anything the mom told me how the girl had smushed cookies all on her dinning room table and left before anyone had a chance to ask her about it , not to mention that the last time her DD was over at the girls house..her DD saw a bunch of bedbugs.

That right there , freaked me out a bit ...i had bedbugs in the summer and did everything i could to save my furniture , i would have never allowed DD's friends to come over at that time nor would i allow DD to go over to someone else's house , in case she gave them to someone.

This girl unfortunatly is not welcomed back in my home again.

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
kfroz0415
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I would give her another chance and talk to her mom if it happens again. :)

Two_Hearts
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:37 AM

bump for update

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)