Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what kind of haircut and/or color should I get?

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:56 PM
  • 24 Replies
I'll put a recent picture in replies since I'm mobile, but what kind of cut &/or color would look decent? I've never dyed my hair, but I was thinking some highlights wouldn't be too terrible lol. . I'm also awful about always wearing my hair up and never doing anything with it. I'm seriously the least girly person I know lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
So.Ill.Mama
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:58 PM

I took this Saturday night before we had girl's night.
So.Ill.Mama
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:04 PM
Bump
jakesmom323
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:07 PM
Highlights will be high maintenance w/ your hair so dark. If I were you, I would do a fun chestnut with auburn hues. It would be so pretty and easy to do yourself;)
piratehooker
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:07 PM
I think you'd look good with some wispy bangs and layers. You're very pretty.
So.Ill.Mama
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:09 PM
I wanted something natural looking if I got anything. . Like the sun lightened it.

Quoting jakesmom323:

Highlights will be high maintenance w/ your hair so dark. If I were you, I would do a fun chestnut with auburn hues. It would be so pretty and easy to do yourself;)

hplesha
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:09 PM
2 moms liked this

you should frame your face and possibly do a long, side swept bang. As for the color, I agree with a dark auburn/carmel color

So.Ill.Mama
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:11 PM
Thank you. I don't always really think so, but I'm working on that lol. My hair is really thick and wavy/curly/frizzy. ..part of why I pull it back all of the time lol

Quoting piratehooker:

piratehooker
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:13 PM
I have that same hair texture, mine is down the middle of my back now and I'm growing it out to donate.

Seriously you're pretty. Own it.

Quoting So.Ill.Mama:

Thank you. I don't always really think so, but I'm working on that lol. My hair is really thick and wavy/curly/frizzy. ..part of why I pull it back all of the time lol

Quoting piratehooker:

muzzyh
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:14 PM

I'd take you up to the shoulder, layers, longish side swept bangs, and carmel  highlights; since your hair is so dark I'd keep the highlights on the very subtle side. Then you won't have so much upkeep, either.

So.Ill.Mama
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:18 PM
I had super long hair and donated every couple years. I always keep it pulled back, so I just cut it shorter so it wasn't so much to deal with since I didn't do anything with it anyways

Quoting piratehooker:

I have that same hair texture, mine is down the middle of my back now and I'm growing it out to donate.

Seriously you're pretty. Own it.

Quoting So.Ill.Mama:

Quoting piratehooker:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)