Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Domestic Violence

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:18 PM
  • 9 Replies
I called the cops on my now ex boyfriend the other night for domestic violence. My kids watched the fight between us so now we have to go talk to a child advocate in front of a jury. Had anyone been through this or know what to expect? What questions will we be asked and how long does it normally last? Any feedback would be appreciated.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ExpectingAubri
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:19 PM
Bump
LeahJ
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:19 PM
What do you mean, in front of a jury?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cryssi_renee
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:20 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:20 PM
I have a domestic violence charge, but I never had a jury. Is he taking it to trial?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:29 PM

Did you get the DV charge or your BF?

If it was your BF they're going to ask the kids to tell them what happend and what your ex did to you.
If YOU have the DV charge...it won't be good and you might have your kids taken

22momof4
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:29 PM
I honestly have no idea why there would be a jury. All I was told was that my daughter and I have to go talk to a child advocate in front of a grand jury and he wont be there. I have never gone through anything like this before.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have a domestic violence charge, but I never had a jury. Is he taking it to trial?

GirlWSemiAuto
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:31 PM
Oh, it sounds like they're going to take him to trial and need to go before the grand jury to see if they can actually proceed.

Quoting 22momof4:

I honestly have no idea why there would be a jury. All I was told was that my daughter and I have to go talk to a child advocate in front of a grand jury and he wont be there. I have never gone through anything like this before.

Quoting Anonymous:

22momof4
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:32 PM
He has the charge. I'm sorry my post is so vague but I'm mobile and my phone is acting weird

Quoting Anonymous:

If it was your BF they're going to ask the kids to tell them what happend and what your ex did to you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:34 PM

Oh then it probably will just be like "what happened" "who started it" " did ex touch mommy what did he do"

They'll want to make sure the kids aren't traumatized and that you aren't putting them in that kind of situation all the time.

Quoting 22momof4:

He has the charge. I'm sorry my post is so vague but I'm mobile and my phone is acting weird

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)