Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sinus infection...otc meds for children?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
My 5 year old has what I think is a sinus infection. She has a headache and she says her nose hurts. She took a nap to see if it would help and woke up begging to see a doctor. We have no insurance and even if we did I'm not rushing to the hospital for a sinus infection or whatever it is. Is there any over the counter meds for sinus infection for children? Anything else I can do for her?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Byrd15
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:22 PM
Sudafed.
I just got off anti biotics for bronchitis and a sinus infection and that's what kicked it...
Tylonal helps with the pain a little... Hot bath.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hplesha
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:23 PM

claritin-d for kids. its claritin and sudafed mixed together.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:24 PM
Sudafed! Thanks! Bump
ExpectingAubri
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:24 PM
1 mom liked this
This sudafed and Tylenol. And if you take her to the doctor they will give her an antibiotic. I actually used to get pretty sick with sinus infections and definitely needed the antibiotics

Quoting Byrd15:

Sudafed.

I just got off anti biotics for bronchitis and a sinus infection and that's what kicked it...

isell_avon
by ehhhh! on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:25 PM

I have tried everything and nothing works for me. I've had this for over a year now .

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:25 PM

Do you have a plan to get insurance? Little things like this can spiral out of control quickly and the costs can get crazy!

Try Mucinex if they make it for her age. 

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:26 PM

When I get them the only thing that works is antibiotics.

JNLmomme09
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:26 PM
If she is begging you to see a doctor then it's you responsibility to take her to one bottom line
Byrd15
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:26 PM
If I hadn't gotten the anti biotics when I did my slight bronchitis would have gone into full blown bronchitis and I would be in bad shape. :)

Quoting ExpectingAubri:

This sudafed and Tylenol. And if you take her to the doctor they will give her an antibiotic. I actually used to get pretty sick with sinus infections and definitely needed the antibiotics

Quoting Byrd15:

Sudafed.

Armymom134
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:27 PM

I have had those since I was a kid and if its gotten to the point of it being an infection no amount of OTC drugs will get rid of it. All those meds will do is releave her symptoms for a while. I am battling one right now too and it sucks, especially when your nose gets so congested that nothing really helps.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)