Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sandy Hook Promise

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies

Will you sign the Sandy Hook Promise? I did. And I really mean it. 

www.sandyhookpromise.org

I don't know how to make it clicky. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:32 PM

Bump

lilfishbigocean
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:33 PM
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you. I really appreciate it :) 

Quoting lilfishbigocean:

http://www.sandyhookpromise.org/

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this

i don't even get what that is.  

ETA:   no.  it's not some feel-good thing.  READ before you do this people.  Glad to see a few posters that picked up on it quickly....

ETA AGAIN:

This is a legally binding agreement between you and Sandy Hook Promise, so please read it carefully. If you do not agree to the T&C, do not use this website. For more information on our T&C, please contact us at info@sandyhookpromise.org

Information We Collect and Save

To facilitate the purposes associated with this website Sandy Hook Promise gathers and maintains information about you that it may use to build support for common sense solutions that help prevent similar tragedies from happening again.  You grant us the right to publish your name, for example, in the form of a list of supporters, but your contact information such as your email will not be shared publicly or with any other organization.  At times in the process of using our website you may also have access to, or be directed to the websites of other organizations including nonprofit partners, fundraising groups, or those created by the families of the victims. You are advised that these organizations and groups may have different privacy policies and practices, as well as terms and conditions that vary from ours.  Information provided on other website by these organizations and groups is updated entirely by these entities and Sandy Hook Promise does not verify this information for accuracy.

By registering on this site and using its features, you agree to abide by the terms and conditions and privacy policies of this site, as expressed here, as well as abide by changes to these policies which may occur from time to time with or without notice. You also understand that the information, methods, images, technical elements, and functionality of this site are the protected property of Sandy Hook Promise, and are proprietary and in some instances protected by federal copyright and trademark laws. You agree that you will not copy, replicate, duplicate, share, or make use for your own purposes any of the information or elements on this website without the express written consent of Sandy Hook Promise. You are granted the limited right to use this site and its protected information and resources as a registered user in exchange for your agreement to comply fully with the T&C of this site. At any time, Sandy Hook Promise may revoke your rights to use this site at any time and even to permanently ban you from accessing it and its services without notice.

GirlWSemiAuto
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:35 PM
I really hate to be the Debbie Downer, but that's too open ended. Here's a bump at least.

Eta- I read the rest of the website and actually do support that. I might sign.

Eta again. Uh, no. Seems shady.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:36 PM
No.
ajnmadismommy
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:37 PM

It's basically just a promise to listen to all options and be open to change. To treat each other with respect and kindness in honor of the victims. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:38 PM
2 moms liked this

I will honor it but I'm not signing it because I don't want anymore tracking cookies or spam email.

anotherhalf
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:38 PM
I agree. My common sense might be someone else's crazy talk and vice versa.

Quoting GirlWSemiAuto:

I really hate to be the Debbie Downer, but that's too open ended. Here's a bump at least.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)