Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

was i wrong?!

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:32 PM
  • 3 Replies
My uncle is in the hospital in critical care, he had his third stroke in less than a month. I called my brother yesterday, who I haven't spoken to in 6 months to let him know what is going on with our uncle. He is pretty bad, and the doctors are saying that the family needs to get together and see him, we aren't sure he is going to make it. My brothers wife abused my niece, she is not bm. She physically abused her so bad it ended up with her son and my niece being removed and my brother lost his rights to my niece and she lost her parental rights to her son. He chose like an idiot to stay with his wife, and I am not happy about it. I have made my opinion quite known.
I asked him if he would be bringing his wife with him today when he came to town and he said he was thinking about it. I told him politely that I felt it was disrespectful to our family to bring her here
With our uncles condition being as it is. No one in the family likes her and we are all hurt by what she did to my niece. He said he understood and that was that.
My mother says I was wrong for telling him not to bring her, that he may have wanted her here for emotional support. I didn't tell him NOT to bring her, I just said that I personally didn't think it was a good idea. It was his choice whether or not to bring her. He didn't, which was a smart choice because I would have verbally ripped her to shreds. I know it sounds immature, but I do not like her. I am angry with her for betraying my brothers trust, for lying about what she did and for hurting my 3 year old baby niece. I will never forgive her and I will not pretend to be nice when I
Really want to rip her head off.
I can't understand how my mother can condone her being around! I know my brother has to face up to his responsibilities too, he did stay with her after the fact and that makes him just as much to blame.....but still.
I don't think I was wrong.
If I was I will apologize to him (after I rip him a new one)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
ExpectingAubri
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:33 PM
No
Perfect.Pixie
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:34 PM
Ehh, sticky situation. I would have kept quite about it.
DEJavu17
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:35 PM
That's what dh said. But....I can't.

Quoting Perfect.Pixie:

Ehh, sticky situation. I would have kept quite about it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)