Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

10 kids, both parents on welfare, and they want to rent from us........o.0

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 442 Replies
1 mom liked this

oh my. 

myself dh and the kids are looking at moving in either feb or march, and have listed our house for long term lease or sale, it is 5 bed and 2 bath,  and because it is a very rural location, listed about $1,000 less than a house of the same size in the city ( we are asking $1,000 mo or $135,000) 

anyways.

so this woman just called, she is looking for a house big enough for her self, her SO and their kids. 10 kids. to be exact.

she has 5, and her SO has 5.

and they are both on welfare. i told them i would want no less than $1,400 mo, for that many people, and that i would have to think about it.

but i am thinking no.

is that bad of me? i mean she sounds really nice and all.....but......ugh..10 kids!

and on welfare! am i being a jerk?

THE BIGGEST CONCERN IS not THEM BEING ON WELFARE, IT IS 10 KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!! 10!!!!! YOU THINK 2-3 KIDS CAN MAKE A MESS? TRY 10!!!!! AND I ALSO WILL ADMIT, I DONT THINK MOST PEOPLE ON ASSISTANCE ACTUALLY GIVE A SHIT IF THEIR HOUSE GETS WRECKED, AFTER ALL, IT'S NOT COMING OUT OF THEIR POCKET! to answer a few questions; i tend to chat up anyone who calls about our house, find out as much as i can, NOT illegal, and, btw, i DON'T live in the states. how do i know they are on full blown welfare? because i asked if they had work lined up, they DO NOT,she said neither of them worked, how do they live?i also asked that and she told me $1,400 mo WELFARE between the two of them, she gets about $900 mo child support and $3,500 MONTHLY between the two of them in canada child tax benefits. not one penny do they work for. as a hard working person, i cant help but be unimpressed at that. she also told me she has 5 kids, her SO has 5 kids ( now THERE is a GREAT choice, lifer on welfare with 5 kids finds another lifer on welfare with 5 kids, match made in heaven. smh!) and her SO's baby momma is in jail facing 12! charges! and is threatening them from jail as well. and the front window in her 3 bed room house is broken. where she lives with her SO and 10 kids. sounds like an IDEAL renter. we have other applicants who have jobs lined up out here and are moving for WORK. i would rather rent to them this is our HOME we are moving so dh can advance in his line of WORK and we cannot afford thousands in repairs, or people not paying rent and refusing to leave. if it was YOUR house you wouldn't do it either.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
428pm
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:54 PM
27 moms liked this

they will destroy your house

MamaPeanut
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Agree, and probably never pay.

I wouldn't take the risk.

Quoting 428pm:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lyssa0587
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:56 PM
3 moms liked this

DONT DO IT! Your house will be completely destroyed and I guarantee they won't fix it. 

mommytothree07
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:57 PM
They dont work at all? Just welfare... I dont think I would
428pm
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:58 PM

the people who lived in my apt before me were running an illegal daycare and the landlord ended up letting me live my first month free and spending 650$ in repairs.

Quoting MamaPeanut:

Quoting 428pm:

chickensmommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:58 PM
Don't do it!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
alexsmomma06
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:59 PM

No way!

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:59 PM
1 mom liked this
How are they going to come up with that much money for rent, all while keeping at least the vital utilities on, with 12 people to support and nothing but welfare?

Do. Not. Rent. To. Them.

They'll completely demolish your home. 100% guaranteed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cmabbott
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:59 PM
7 moms liked this

I guess it would depend on their references and if they have jobs that pay more than minimum wage.  Not everyone on welfare is bad, but I'd definitely recommend quite a few references and doing your research on them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:59 PM

so i am not just being a judgmental jerk?

Quoting 428pm:

the people who lived in my apt before me were running an illegal daycare and the landlord ended up letting me live my first month free and spending 650$ in repairs.

Quoting MamaPeanut:

Quoting 428pm:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)