Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I wanna slap the s*** outta him right now!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies

Ex DH bought our 10 year old son a smartphone two years ago. (Not my choice, but I didn't pay for it, nor do I pay the monthly costs) Ex DH lives on the west coast, we live on the east coast. DS primarily uses the phone to talk to Ex-DH and his grandmother. DS goes to visit his dad for three weeks in the summer and a week over Christmas or Thanksgiving break. When DS is home with me, he has a lock on his phone and can not access it with out my permission.

Well, Ex DH has a 13 year old cousin that DS is close to. While on the west coast, Ex-DH's cousin had my 10 year old google "naked ladies" and had him search for "booty shaking" on You Tube.

I freaked out in my own head about it. But I sat DS down and asked him why he would google those things, he said "Cousin told me to." I know my son's not lying because he's a horrid liar.

Ex-DH's cousin is a fricking deliquent. The kid has left school in the middle of the day because he didn't feel like being there. The kid is constantly in trouble for crap. He threw a chair at a kid in school. He's spit on teachers, the list just goes on and on. 

I told Ex-DH that I don't want our son left unsupervised with his cousin anymore. That I understand kids are curious, but 10 is a little young to be exposed to "naked ladies" on the internet. Ex-DH says I'm over reacting.

What would you ladies do?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree he needs supervision when with the cousin and the phone needs to stay w/ a trusted adult.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:56 PM
Take the phone from him and also explain why it's not appropriate to do those things.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:00 PM

He does not have the phone in his possesion when he's at my house. I can't demand his father do the same. His dad is the one that pays for the phone. Not me. I'm also 2000 miles away when he's at his dad's house.

Quoting Anonymous:

Take the phone from him and also explain why it's not appropriate to do those things.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)