Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UMMMM REALLY son?

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:45 PM
  • 5 Replies
1 mom liked this

So tonight I was getting things ready to sit down and do the nightly reading session with DD, she is in 1st and has too read to me for at least ten minutes a night and read at least 20 books a month. Well while I was getting things ready, ds, who is 5 and in prek (just turned 5 in Nov so missed the K cutoff this year) picked up her reader and READ THE WHOLE DANG BOOK!!! He only stumbled like twice and sounded the word out himself. I just stood there staring at him. I knew he knew a few site words but had no CLUE he could read like that. Well I guess I will be reading with two every night lol

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
AmyRenee1
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:46 PM
Aww. smart boy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BEXi
by BEXi on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Awesome!!!! My son is 5, but doesnt know how to read yet.. We're working on sight words.

Money Hungry Mommy Blog

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Is it a book he has heard over and over? Im not saying he didnt read it, but knowing a whole book does not always = reading it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
reaandiziesmama
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I had no clue he was really even close. I mean I knew that he was in the highest reading group in his preK but not that he, honestly, can read almost just as good as his 1st grade sister.

Quoting BEXi:

Awesome!!!! My son is 5, but doesnt know how to read yet.. We're working on sight words.

reaandiziesmama
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:51 PM

No, It was a brand new one she just brought home. She gets a "bring home bag" every Monday with three new books we are too read over and over through the week. She hadn't even started yet. If this had been like Wednesday I would have thought he was just reciting it.

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

Is it a book he has heard over and over? Im not saying he didnt read it, but knowing a whole book does not always = reading it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured