Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby's First Birthday

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:59 PM
  • 15 Replies
I know this is not a confession. I also know the ladies that read these posts are super creative. My daughters first birthday is March 23rd. I am in need if some ideas of what to do to celebrate. I want something fun for her cousins which range in ages from 6 months to about 10 years old. Any ladies have ideas or personal experiences from their march babys birthday. Thanks!
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ebbierowe
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:02 PM
May a craft for the older kids. Orientaltrading.com has a lot of stuff.

My dd just had her first birthday party amd the plan was to do a art party. Each kid got a big piece of paper and drew a picture on it. There was also a big piece for them tp draw a picture for dd and sign it
However they had more fun with balloons so we didn't do the art part.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:04 PM

We did a decorate your own cupcake thing at my daughter's birthday. I used a sheet pan to catch the mess and the kids could put on whatever toppings they liked. Obviously it wouldn't work for the 6 month old but it may for the older kids.

prettyinpink323
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

We did a decorate your own cupcake thing at my daughter's birthday. I used a sheet pan to catch the mess and the kids could put on whatever toppings they liked. Obviously it wouldn't work for the 6 month old but it may for the older kids.

Oh my goodness. That is such a good idea. I love it!
finnbar
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:12 PM
I do my son's parties at local parks. The shelters are only $30-40 to reserve and they have these crazy things called playgrounds, all the kids have a blast. And my house does not get trashed
prettyinpink323
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:16 PM
Quoting finnbar:

I do my son's parties at local parks. The shelters are only $30-40 to reserve and they have these crazy things called playgrounds, all the kids have a blast. And my house does not get trashed

Wow, what a great idea. Why didn't I ever think of that? Oh wait, I did. But I also remembered that I live in Oregon and in March there is a very good chance it will rain. Thanks for the brilliant idea that I was just too stupid enough to think of. :-)
lucsch
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:22 PM

We did a Hawaiian party in February last year. We made homemade leis (google--it is made with straws, yarn, and flowers made from a paper punch), pineapple cake....we did dancing (that was a big hit)--I checked out a CD with Hawaiian music on it. They did the limbo to the music--the kids had a blast!. We made treat bags from paper bags turned down once and fringed to look like huts. It was really inexpensive and fun for the kids, especially in the middle of the winter. We put together a big coconut tree from construction paper and did pin a coconut on the tree. Google is your friend when it comes to ideas!

For a 1yo's birthday, though, I'd keep it short. Baby is usually super confused by it all. Get a cute outfit and a cupcake and take lots of pictures.

mestiza_07
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:29 PM
Bump for ideas...:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
prettyinpink323
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:41 AM
Quoting mestiza_07:

Bump for ideas...:)

Thank you!
weaveress
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:45 AM

we had a garden party for dd's 1st birthday, she's a marchie too!! I am huge on themes.  i bought bubbles, butterfly nets, bug finding kits, stuffed caterpillar toys, kites that had flowers on them, and a bunch of other things at dollar tree. used all of them to decorate. and then as the kids got bored. gave them each a bucket to collect one of each of the things in(like a scavenger hunt). then they played with the stuff for the rest of the time. we had from 2 yr old to 11 yr old there. everyone seemed to have fun. 

Sweet.Rose
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:46 AM
My son's first bday is the 22nd. A day apart. I also need ideas. Any helps. Thanks

Quoting prettyinpink323:

I know this is not a confession. I also know the ladies that read these posts are super creative. My daughters first birthday is March 23rd. I am in need if some ideas of what to do to celebrate. I want something fun for her cousins which range in ages from 6 months to about 10 years old. Any ladies have ideas or personal experiences from their march babys birthday. Thanks!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)