Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i hate this s***

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
I have been battling severe anxiety and depression for close to six months now. I have seen several doctors, I.finally found one who listens to me and doesn't think that I'm crazy. I am taking Abilify along with Klonopin as needed to nix any panic attack that I can't overcome with breathing exercises and rational thinking. Today was just a bad day. I had someone tell me I'm a shitty mother because I take meds to deal with my disorder and now all I can think of is what if they are right?

My husband loves me and is extremely supportive but he's out doing training exercises for the Marines and won't be home for two weeks. I wish things were different.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Finding a good dr and getting the right medication to stabilize  yourself so you can take care of your family makes you a good mother, not a bad one.

beachbabies6
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:05 PM

no , they were wrong , its never a bad thing to try to get help , wether its meds or therapy what ever works ! good luck

1likeme
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:06 PM
That was an exceptionally shitty thing to say. Dismiss it because you know there is no truth in that statement. Being a shitty mother would be you ignoring you have a medical issue and allowing it to cause disruption in your home.
BeAmour
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:07 PM
fuck them! You are a better mother bc you recognized the problem and took care of it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:10 PM
The sad part is intellectually I know I'm a great mom but the depression screams in the front of my mind that i suck.

I've only been on these meds for four weeks so It's still fairly new. I've tried so many combinations of drugs to try to fix this. I think I finally have it right just takes awhile to build up.
momo3fgr8tteens
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:11 PM

You would be a bad mother if you weren'ttakng  the medication you needed. Really don't listen to anyone else's opinion of you. Only you know what helps you be the best person you can be. Btw everyone on cm is a bad mom for one reason or another. You're not special :). 

Spfldmomof2
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, I must be the shittest of them all, since I have been on my anti depressant for 12 years. And before that, in hIgh school, I was on one for 2. I have major depression, suicidal ideation, and PTSD. And body dismorphic disorder. Lucky me! (sarcasm). So fuck them all. You getting better for you and your family.  Walk a mile in my shoes and all that shit.  Good luck, mama!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:17 PM

Another military wife on antidepressants. What a suprise.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:18 PM
Your point?

Quoting Anonymous:

Another military wife on antidepressants. What a suprise.

jkleinman
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:19 PM

Quoting B1Bomber:

Finding a good dr and getting the right medication to stabilize  yourself so you can take care of your family makes you a good mother, not a bad one.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)