Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel horrible... my poor babies :(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

I was filing my taxes on Turbo tax and was getting frustrated with it, and my 6 y/o wanted to send a message on facebook to his dad, and I told him he could but to watch a movie till I was done. The my 5 y/o asked me to help her make her finish build a bear before bed, but I told her to wait and watch tv with her brother. Then they started bickering and I told them to stop cause it was annoying me as well as the tax return crap. I finally just finished, and I look up and they are asleep.

With work, and everything going on right now, all they want is attention from me but I don't often get to give it to them. I feel like a horrible mom sometimes. I hope I don't end up like my MIL, who told me she worked so much when her boys were young that when she decided to take a break and be a stay at home mom for a while, she realized she didn't hardly know her kids at all.

:'(

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:07 PM

I'm sorry momma. just give em extra hugs in hte morning and apoligize

AVSpecWife4
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:08 PM

awww, it happens

Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Its okay to tell your children you made a mistake. Your human after all.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Buggy979
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:08 PM
You can't file till the 30th si leave that alone for now...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michelleinfl
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:09 PM

I think we have all had moments that made us feel that way. Don't be too hard on yourself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Um, its too early to file. I tried doing mine on there and it said not until January 30th
mich.el.le
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:09 PM

You can take 15 minutes out of your chores. Even that amount of time would make a difference.

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:10 PM

Take a breath.  It is a hard world sometimes.  Remember what they wanted to do, and find a way to work it into tomorrow.  Maybe serve dinner on paper plates so you don't have to worry about dishes or something to make time.

I'm a SAHM, and something like this has happened to me.  It doesn't matter what kids want, sometimes life happens.  It's up to us as Moms to make it matter in the end.  If my son really wanted something and it just didn't happen that day, I try to make it happen the next day.  If I have a busy week, I make up for it when I can by making a day for just the kids and me.  I'll say "Heck, I can buy groceries tomorrow.  Today, it's couch and TV with all our favorite snacks!"

mcclainprincess
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:12 PM
I know how you feel. I work full time and am a single mom. Sometimes you have to make time. There have been times, when i was in school as well as working full time especially, that I'd wake my son up with popcorn after he had fallen asleep and we'd watch an episode of sponge bob together.. Then I'd tuck him back into bed. He would wake up asking me if i remembered it.. Lol.

They know your tired and stressed and are doing the absolute best that you can.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)