Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cat owners, have you seen this happen before? *pic*

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:33 PM
  • 80 Replies

EDIT: I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for your input/advice! I truly appreciate it!

Over Christmas leave I noticed a bald spot on my cats ear while we were visiting family. A friends of mine said it may have been an allergic reaction to something in my parents house. She works at a vet so I believed her. The hair has grown back a good bit since then..Today I noticed a new spot below her eye. I'm calling the vet in the morning, but I'm worried. It's gotten worse over the last couple of hours. Next pic in replies.

She's UTD on vaccines, minus feline leukemia. The vet told me it wasn't necessary because she's indoors and has no interaction with other cats. She's getting that vaccine anyway when she goes to the vet just to be safe. No new food or litter or anything. Same flea preventative and all.

Anyway, have you dealt with this before?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsfred07
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SRUsarahSC
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:35 PM
1 mom liked this

no but bump!

Anonymous2u
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SwtSnowflake2
I know they rub their sent with their face and can get bald spots by their eyebrow area, but that looks really bald.
ajnmadismommy

Is the cat scratching the area and maybe losing hair that way?? Other than that I'm not sure......I'd ask the vet in the morning.....

sassygoddess
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:35 PM

I have a cat that has spots like that by his ears...they don't seem to bother him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:36 PM

Its a fungus.  Sorry, I'm not really familiar with feline medicine so I can't recommend what you should use on it.

beachbabies6
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:36 PM

not sure , poor kitty , i had a kitten with ringg worm once , but that was so long ago i dont remember what it looks like , just make sure everyone washes thier hands until you find out what it is

K_D88
Looks like mange maybe
KRISTAL_WILDER
1 mom liked this

Could be mites. Like mange.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)