Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thanks to you ladies.....

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:38 PM
  • 6 Replies
I sent my son's stepmom a message letting her know how much I appreciate how awesome she is to my son.

Am I the ONLY Mom who feels this way towards their child's stepmom?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Momtimestwo
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:43 PM
Bump!!!!
mommy_madilyn
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:44 PM
My best friend's bm and sm have a great friendship. Sometimes they can actually click although I do believe most don't get along
Momtimestwo
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:49 PM
Truthfully, that's basically how I got my viewpoints. My BFF's family all got along(bio mom, step-mom, bio dad, step dad) and I originally found it odd because my bio parents didn't get along when they divorced. I thought my parents were the norm. However, I have raised my kids the way my BFF was raised.

Quoting mommy_madilyn:

My best friend's bm and sm have a great friendship. Sometimes they can actually click although I do believe most don't get along
mama.farmer
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:51 PM

I don't get along with my DD's SM. Fact is, she's awful. She's big on undermining me, calling me names, trash-talking me, brainwashing my daughter, teaching her things that I've said for a long time I'm not ok with, and even trying to woo my daughter away from me. They suck up to her sooooo bad, hoping she'll choose them...but that means she goes undisciplined regularly. She almost hit me a year ago. I used to like her, but then she started slipping and now it's beyond repair.

Keely78
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:58 PM
I don't like my children's step mom at all. I tolerate her. We don't fight, and ex DH would have a fit if she bad mouthed me in front of him, much less my children. I wish that he would find a woman who I could get along with. You are very lucky.
Momtimestwo
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:03 PM
I am indeed. It hasn't been an easy road, but it's well worth it.

Quoting Keely78:

I don't like my children's step mom at all. I tolerate her. We don't fight, and ex DH would have a fit if she bad mouthed me in front of him, much less my children. I wish that he would find a woman who I could get along with. You are very lucky.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)