Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

question for prolifers

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:29 PM
  • 47 Replies
2 moms liked this

would you be friends with someone who is prochoice?  i read in another post, one lifer mentioned that she wouldnt be friends with a "baby killer". 

i had an abortion years ago, and i have prolife friends.   they were able to put their personal beliefs aside and they were there for me.  not once did they try to talk me out of it, feel guilty,  lecture me or stop our friendship.  my one friend told me that our friendship was more important than her views on abortion.

so im wondering where some of  you ladies stand

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gemikris82

BUMP!

gemikris82

BUMP!

embersparkle
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:30 PM
2 moms liked this
Yes, I have quite a few pro-choice friends. We stay away from this topic lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
illinoismommy83
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:31 PM

I'm strongly prolife. I'd hold my best friend's hand while she got an abortion. I'd probably vomit all over the floor when I got home and cry hysterically in private, but I'd be there for her and drive her.

Thankfully at this stage in my life most of my friends either want kids or are done and have Mirena or had a tubal done.

MsRkg
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:31 PM
4 moms liked this

Pro-life, pro-choice, pro-whatever-floats-your boat, if you are my friend I will be there for you , without judgement.

tisaynababae
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:31 PM
Yes, I have had friends who had abortions. We don't talk about it. Money,religion or poltics are best kept separate unless they are a extremely close friend.
mama.farmer
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:33 PM

I am pro-life and recently discovered I am MARRIED to someone who is pro-choice. It bothers me to no end but he is who he is, I love him anyways, and as long as he doesn't try to convince me to abort any of our kids, what's a girl to do, really?

Irenesmommy
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:33 PM
1 mom liked this

my best friend of 25 years is very pro life, and I'm very pro choice, back in our twenties I had a scare and she told me "if you are pg and feel you need to have an abortion, I'm behind you and I will help you. I don't agree with it but I will be there for you". I will always remember her saying that, that is what a true friend does.

Hislovebug
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:36 PM

Why would I not be someone's friend bc of their beleives? If your a nice cool person ill be your friend. Idc about that shit we are not politicians. 

CafeMom Tickers
wife-4-life
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:36 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm prolife. I would still be your friend! What I believe and am convicted of may not be the same for someone else. Who am I to judge...I am not God.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN