Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

prices for daycare in canada *edit in red* or even the ladies else where can answer!?

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:29 PM
  • 16 Replies

ok so I am needing to put my son in daycare for one day a week. (while at work)

my mom has been watching him for free (offered to pay she said no) for 3 days a week (while I work) 

now she is getting frustrated because dh said he would help on his days off. and he hasnt (even though I just went back to work on the 19th of dec,( so it hasnt been that long.) dh only works 4-5 days(sometimes less) a wk as pt during graveyards.

so since generally dh works on sundays. and my mom has sun off. and its one of the three days of my avaliablity, I thought I would put ds in daycare just for sundays when I work, im wondering what would be a general pay for on day for daycare. (in canada) I would be paying per day. would it be more since I am needing it for sundays?

*for 8 hrs.... would$30 be reasonable. he is 12 months.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers     LilySlim Weight loss tickers

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ajnmadismommy
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:30 PM

BUMP!

Mama_Dolly
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:33 PM

bump

Mama_Dolly
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:43 PM

*edit in red*

Mama_Dolly
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:54 PM

bump

Ayla-bellesmom
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:59 PM

I think 30 to 40 per day (8hours) is average in my city for that age range. It's about what my friend pays for her 18month old. My daughter never attended daycare at that age....and only started going to a day home this past year for 2 hours a day....so I paid much less....but the circumstances are different. She's older (5) and it was very part time.....only 10 hours a week.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:00 AM

Well I had my daughter in daycare for 2hrs a day 5 days a week
(from 12:30 until 2:30)
so thats what...10hrs a week...40hrs a month..it was $800 a month = $20 an hour
so your son would be 8hrs a week so about 32hrs a month = approx $640 a month

30 for 8hrs is probably not reasonable..thats $3.75 an hour...would YOU work for less than $4 an hour?

huntersmom1007
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Daycares are open on Sunday's in Canada.  $24 a day is average here in Texas but that is for full time.  You can do part time here (2 days a week) for $60+.  The daycares here are only open Monday through Friday though. 

CeeGee81
by CanadaGirl on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:50 PM

I think it's reasonable.  My son goes to preschool and I pay $13 per half day.  If he was in full time daycare I would pay $26 a day....for 8 hours.

Elvis Presley Pictures, Images and Photos

gblossom
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:52 PM

i don't know much about daycare in canada but here is a bump :)

428pm
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:52 PM

My sister looked into daycare in toronto and it was $1500/month. SO I just agreed to watch little man myself when she goes back to work.  It may depend on what city you live in though

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)