Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I have no libido and it's tearing my marriage apart!!! HELP! eta. *Update*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 48 Replies

First let me start by saying that I have been married for several years now and I am very much in love with and attracted to my husband. We have our issues but I don't know anyone out there who has a perfect marriage. We have children. We are in our mid to late 20s.

I don't know why but I have been this way for as long as I have been sexually active. Sex is super exciting for about the first 6(ish) months of a relationship but then I am just no longer interested in the physical part of it anymore. Usually this results in a break up. I REFUSE to let it happen this time. I will not let this rip apart my family.

DH even asked me tonight if I need to get me a guy on the side just to spice things up. It's not like that though. I don't sit around and fantasize about other men. I rarely dream about sex. He has tried to get me to try new things. Bought us a toy... it's still in the box. I'm just not interested in sex. He's desperate at this point and quite frankly so am I. I just don't know what to do.

Anyone else out there who is this way? Anyone have any advice? Has anyone found something that has helped them with this. Please don't reply anon and make up some crap cause that's not what I need right now. I need real advice and all the info out there on the Internet is so confusing. I thought I'd give CM a shot. Like I said... I'm desperate.

**ETA**. I am not on bc but I do have a non hormonal iud. This has been going on since way before the iud though.

**Update** I have decided what I am going to try first. DH and I are going to have sex every day for the next two weeks after the kids go to bed. I am going to put forth more of an effort to kiss him more and to all around have more physical contact (sexual and non sexual) with him throughout the day. At the end of the two weeks I'll reevaluate my desires and see what I can do from there. If my desires still have not improved then I am going to see if there is a way for me to get some hormone testing done without costing me an arm and a leg. (Maybe I'll sell my uterus... or one of the kids... or a kidney... lol)

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:47 PM
Im in the same boat but its because DH has become unattractive to me(I will spare you details).
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:49 PM
Meeeee :( bump
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:49 PM
Masturbate. Every day lol even if u dont feel like it. Tje more you orgasm yhe more yyou will want to! Also go get ur hormones checked. R u on hormonal bc?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:50 PM
I don't have that problem, here's a bump though.
JanuaryBaby06
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:51 PM

why dont you remember what it was liek the 1st time yous had sex and imagine that. that always works for me. i imagine wgat it would have been like if we would have gotten together younger ( i have known him all my life) . or sometimes i need to start having sex to really get the ball rolling. set aside time for sex maybe schedule it until it becomes soemthing that happeneds on its own. theres a few.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:52 PM

Not on bc. I have a non hormonal iud but it has been this way since before I had it put in.

Quoting svolkov:

Masturbate. Every day lol even if u dont feel like it. Tje more you orgasm yhe more yyou will want to! Also go get ur hormones checked. R u on hormonal bc?

lovinmyboys...
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:52 PM
Are you on bc?
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:53 PM
Get ur hormones checked. And kiss him. A lot ;) big juicy ones

Quoting Anonymous:

Not on bc. I have a non hormonal iud but it has been this way since before I had it put in.

Quoting svolkov:

opal10161973
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:53 PM

Why haven't you devoted the time to your relationship that it needs?  I am not trying to be mean, but it obviously needs you to take a few weeks and do more than just think or talk about it.  DO something!  Sometimes, just getting started is enough.  You deserve to treat yourself better.  It sounds like he is open to trying whatever you need to make it work, trust in that and trust in yourself. 

opinionatedmom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:53 PM

get checked for endometriosis

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN