Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

NFP as our only method of birth control

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:05 AM
  • 128 Replies
We've decided no more condoms and no more birth control. We still want to wait a few months before we get pregnant so we are going to follow NFP and I'm going to invest in a ton of ovulation tests as well.

I'm sure ill get a lot of negative comments and that's fine, this is our life not yours and we are perfectly ok with the fact that it might not work and we might get pregnant a few months before we planned to.

I would like some advice, any advice from people who practice NFP though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jessica_Esqueda
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:06 AM
2 moms liked this

I don't see NFP as a big deal if you don't have an issue getting pregnant in the future. 

kate80
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:06 AM
Is that like the "rhythm method"
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:07 AM
I wish I could. I'm Catholic and really really want to use nfp but my husband is agnostic and sees no reason not to wear condoms. I refuse to take the pill or anything like that. I just wish we could have normal natural sex.

/sigh. I envy you.
JanuaryBaby06
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:07 AM
1 mom liked this

we did NFP for 16months-2years between when we got married and when we started trying to conceive #2. WOrked like a charm and really helped us when we decided to start trying for #2. But after #2 we opted for a vasectomy because we knew we were done!

it is very effective when practiced right an the rhythem method isnt really NFP atleast not by todays standards. It does take alot of work though.

jbirchard
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:08 AM
1 mom liked this
Whatever works.
I have a close friend who does npf. She loves it so far .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:08 AM

Ovulation tests aren't 100% accurate. Some women gear up to ovulate once then don't and that can happen several times in one cycle.

Good luck with everything though.

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:08 AM
Once we are done for good one of us (HIM) will be fixed.

Quoting JanuaryBaby06:

we did NFP for 16months-2years between when we got married and when we started trying to conceive #2. WOrked like a charm and really helped us when we decided to start trying for #2. But after #2 we opted for a vasectomy because we knew we were done!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:09 AM
Its more advanced than that. Its when you track your fertility (like how women who are Ttc do) but use that information to avoid rather than obtain pregnancy. Its as effective as the pill if practiced well.

Quoting kate80:

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:10 AM
Not sure what the rhythm method is

Quoting kate80:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skmehlebam
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:10 AM

I like the dollar store OPK's but Wondfo IC's from amazon are ok too. NFP is more reliable than any other form of bc, imo. You need a basal body thermometer too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)