Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The Flu shot doesn't mean crap!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies

The only one to have the flu shot in my house was my 6 year old DD because she is a severe asthmatic and has other lung concerns....my two boys 13 and 9, DH and myself never had the flu shot this year....Yet DD is the one who is very sick right now with the flu...DD is running a high fever, bad headache, wheezing and a very bad cough and were looking at a trip to the ER is her breathing doesn't get under control and her fever doesn't break...This is just goes to show is doesn't matter if you get the flu shot or not if your going to get sick your going to get sick!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Your daughter has medical problems that made her more susceptible to the virus. I've had the flu shot every year and this is the first time that I know of I've ever had the flu, and it's because I'm pregnant and my immune system was weaker.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:14 AM

I realize that, however my friends dd had the flu shot as well is very healthy and still got the flu as well

Quoting wkukid:

Your daughter has medical problems that made her more susceptible to the virus. I've had the flu shot every year and this is the first time that I know of I've ever had the flu, and it's because I'm pregnant and my immune system was weaker.

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:16 AM

I was told by the ER when I had to go in that they missed a strand of it this year, honestly everyone is more likely to get it, there are several strands running around, even people who got the shot.

Quoting Anonymous:

I realize that, however my friends dd had the flu shot as well is very healthy and still got the flu as well

Quoting wkukid:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:24 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm pregnant, with an autoimmune issue and still will not get the shot.

I got it twice, the two years after my autoimmune issue was diagnosed. Both years I became very ill, with the flu. I will not get the shot. I did not get it with either of my previous pregnancies and did not get sick. I will stick to my methods of keeping a clean home and washing my hands and keeping my children out of indoor play areas at fast food places and malls.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:26 AM
2 moms liked this
Flu shots are worthless.
Elderberry syrup works wonders.
SandyLaxner
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Flu shot does not cause the flu.  Your child has "asthma and lung Problems"-wouldn't that be the logical reason she gets sick more often?

laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:28 AM

I am not going to argue with the "flu shot mania" posts.

I have taken it exactly 3 times. All 3 times, I got sicker than a dog. I have not taken it in several years and while I still get the flu, it does not end me up in the ER like it did those three times.

If someone wants to take, let 'em. I won't.

Jynnifer292
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:29 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Flu shots are worthless.
Elderberry syrup works wonders.

Elderberry wine should work too, right?:)

OP, we never get them either. I don't think they work at all. I hope your dd feels better. Poor kiddo

SandyLaxner
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:29 AM

Me,DH and DS have gotten the flu shot in Sept and have not gotten sick yet.

TTC2Long
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:29 AM
I don't think anyone is saying it causes the flu, just that it doesn't protect against it as well as they would have you think. It's only about 60% effective and doesn't contain one of the three primary strains making people sick this year.

Quoting SandyLaxner:

Flu shot does not cause the flu.  Your child has "asthma and lung Problems"-wouldn't that be the logical reason she gets sick more often?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN