Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dinner rolls

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
Yummy I made some home made dinner rolls a-ma-zing!

Original recipe makes 24 rollsChange Servings
4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup shortening
1/4 cup white sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 tablespoons active dry yeast
1 1/2 cups cold water
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Check All Add to Shopping List
Directions

Mix together flour, sugar, salt, and instant yeast. Mix in shortening. Mix in water.
Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead by hand for 20 minutes. Cover dough with oil. Place dough in a bowl, cover, and proof for 1 hour.
Form rolls, and place on a greased baking tray. Proof for 45 minutes.
Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 12 to 14 minutes.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:24 AM

Awesome!! I bet everyone really enjoyed them!!

tennisgal
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:24 AM

i'll have to give it a try

I (and dh) LOVE fresh dinner rolls. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:26 AM

One time I made dinner rolls for dinner. Six in total, one for me, one for DS and 4 for DH. Well, DS wasn't ready for dinner. (DH works nights so we normally eat before DS wakes up from his nap). Anyway, while I was washing the dishes. DH ate all FIVE dinner, including the one that was suppose to be for our son. Goodness, i was sooo pissed. Like really man you needed FIVE dinner rolls? You couldn't even think of our son?!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:45 AM
How did you find a recipe for only 6?

Quoting Anonymous:

One time I made dinner rolls for dinner. Six in total, one for me, one for DS and 4 for DH. Well, DS wasn't ready for dinner. (DH works nights so we normally eat before DS wakes up from his nap). Anyway, while I was washing the dishes. DH ate all FIVE dinner, including the one that was suppose to be for our son. Goodness, i was sooo pissed. Like really man you needed FIVE dinner rolls? You couldn't even think of our son?!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:46 AM
Ds and I did dh was and is still at work I was just making the dough when dh left. It was a last minute decision after I ate dinner lol

Quoting littlesippycup:

Awesome!! I bet everyone really enjoyed them!!

mommaoftwo
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:48 AM
Yum!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mychele
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:49 AM
I have a family recipe I use and love. It seems rare for anyone to make their own rolls.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:49 AM

Yummyy...thanks for sharing

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:53 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh no, the recipe was for 24. But i make the before hand, freeze them baked and re-heat as many as we need. They come out nice and crispy!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:55 AM
Oh okay lol I was think this recipe is one of the smaller ones I found.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh no, the recipe was for 24. But i make the before hand, freeze them baked and re-heat as many as we need. They come out nice and crispy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)