Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dinner rolls

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
Yummy I made some home made dinner rolls a-ma-zing!

Original recipe makes 24 rollsChange Servings
4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup shortening
1/4 cup white sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 tablespoons active dry yeast
1 1/2 cups cold water
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Check All Add to Shopping List
Directions

Mix together flour, sugar, salt, and instant yeast. Mix in shortening. Mix in water.
Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead by hand for 20 minutes. Cover dough with oil. Place dough in a bowl, cover, and proof for 1 hour.
Form rolls, and place on a greased baking tray. Proof for 45 minutes.
Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 12 to 14 minutes.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
littlesippycup
by Emerald Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:24 AM

Awesome!! I bet everyone really enjoyed them!!

tennisgal
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:24 AM

i'll have to give it a try

I (and dh) LOVE fresh dinner rolls. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:26 AM

One time I made dinner rolls for dinner. Six in total, one for me, one for DS and 4 for DH. Well, DS wasn't ready for dinner. (DH works nights so we normally eat before DS wakes up from his nap). Anyway, while I was washing the dishes. DH ate all FIVE dinner, including the one that was suppose to be for our son. Goodness, i was sooo pissed. Like really man you needed FIVE dinner rolls? You couldn't even think of our son?!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:45 AM
How did you find a recipe for only 6?

Quoting Anonymous:

One time I made dinner rolls for dinner. Six in total, one for me, one for DS and 4 for DH. Well, DS wasn't ready for dinner. (DH works nights so we normally eat before DS wakes up from his nap). Anyway, while I was washing the dishes. DH ate all FIVE dinner, including the one that was suppose to be for our son. Goodness, i was sooo pissed. Like really man you needed FIVE dinner rolls? You couldn't even think of our son?!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:46 AM
Ds and I did dh was and is still at work I was just making the dough when dh left. It was a last minute decision after I ate dinner lol

Quoting littlesippycup:

Awesome!! I bet everyone really enjoyed them!!

mommaoftwo
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:48 AM
Yum!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mychele
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:49 AM
I have a family recipe I use and love. It seems rare for anyone to make their own rolls.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY BH HBIC on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:49 AM

Yummyy...thanks for sharing

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:53 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh no, the recipe was for 24. But i make the before hand, freeze them baked and re-heat as many as we need. They come out nice and crispy!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:55 AM
Oh okay lol I was think this recipe is one of the smaller ones I found.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh no, the recipe was for 24. But i make the before hand, freeze them baked and re-heat as many as we need. They come out nice and crispy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN