Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Clothes shopping. How do you size your kids??

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:04 AM
  • 2 Replies
So my son is 17 mo old and he's in 18 mo clothes. He needs new pajamas and so I'm going to buy them online right now. The next size is 24 months and after that there's 2t.

Would you get 24 mo or go to 2t???

I never know how to size him. I bought some shirts from target and they're 24 mo and huge! Lol. So I should've gotten 18 mo. I thought he'd grow into it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
jillbailey26
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:17 AM

24mo is more for diapered kids, 2T is more for ones who aren't.  24mo tends to be shorter in length (shirts and pants).  Also, 24mo is the end of the baby line, 2T is the beginning of the toddler line.  So the differences aren't too big of a deal.  Buy one of each and see what fits best.

As for how to size him, if one size is getting too small, just buy one thing in the next size.  If that's still too small, go to the next size.  Whatever fits, buy more of :)

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

illinoismommy83
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Different brands have different sizes. For example, a 2T gerber sleeper should fit snugly on most babies who normally wear an 18 month sleeper.

24 months give you extra butt room and 2T slims the butt down. If you are using disposable diapers it doesn't overly matter - but cloth diapers do fit nicer in the "infant" range.

Is he tall or short for his age? Is he chunky or slim? Diff brands have diff cuts to the clothes.  I always just buy too big and let them grow into it. Better to get more use later than wear it twice and box it up now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)