Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I want to blog HELP

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

I really want to start a blog but it all seems soooo confusing.  Anyone with a blog who can help?!  It would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SalemWitchChild
by Blessed be on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:21 PM

What is confusing? I've bleen blogging for over a year now.

What would you be blogging about?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:26 PM

I'm getting confused on how to start.  I'm trying to figure out what site to go with and whether to host or non host.

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

SalemWitchChild
by Blessed be on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:28 PM

I've used Blogger and Wordpress. I prefer blogger. Wordpress just seemed a little too jumbled for my tastes.

It's easy to sign up with blogger. But you need to figure out what you'll be writing about and what you'll name the blog.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm getting confused on how to start.  I'm trying to figure out what site to go with and whether to host or non host.

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:12 PM

Thanks

VannaMae307
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:13 PM

what will it be about? I don't have any advice but if you PM me the link I will be a follower once you start it up. I love blogs.

armstrong7984
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:14 PM

ive actually been wanting to start blogging also about my infertility journey...is it easy to start? never done one before but would love to help other women out there if i could.

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

I've used Blogger and Wordpress. I prefer blogger. Wordpress just seemed a little too jumbled for my tastes.

It's easy to sign up with blogger. But you need to figure out what you'll be writing about and what you'll name the blog.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

WandaSue
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:15 PM

i have been thinking about blogging myself :) good luck

SalemWitchChild
by Blessed be on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Yep just go to blogger and there should be something there that says start blog or something like that. It's as easy as signing up. Then go find blogs that are of a similar topic to yours and follow them. The more social you are with other blogs the more you'll get followers yourself.

Quoting armstrong7984:

ive actually been wanting to start blogging also about my infertility journey...is it easy to start? never done one before but would love to help other women out there if i could.

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

amandae21
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Start on blogger. If you stay at it for 4-5 months, then look into buying a domain and hosting. It's not cheap. Well, the domain is, but hosting isn't. I got a deal on Dreamhost for $60... that was last July. Most hosting costs about $100-120 and up. I like godaddy because they have 24/7 tech support for FREE. They are super helpful.

If/when you go self-hosted, you will want to move to wordpress. It's more SEO friendly (SEO = more hits and better google results rank). Cross that hill if/when you get to it. Converting from blogger to wordpress is a bit of a chore but you only have to do it once. You do NOT want to have your own domain and keep your blog on blogger using their hosting. Blogger owns everything that's posted there. They can take it down for any reason at all. If they lose your data, they don't have to make an effort in the world to restore it. But if your own host loses something, they can and will restore it for free. Blogger is a great way to start, but if you want to make the investment in a domain/hosting, you don't want to stay there.

You can find a cute, free layout at thecutestblogontheblock.com. They have step by step instructions.

armstrong7984
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:30 PM

okay i just signed up and wrote my first blog but how do i search for others like mine? can i search using peoples names or just their blog name?

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

Yep just go to blogger and there should be something there that says start blog or something like that. It's as easy as signing up. Then go find blogs that are of a similar topic to yours and follow them. The more social you are with other blogs the more you'll get followers yourself.

Quoting armstrong7984:

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)