Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Abortion

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Why do you think that a guy does not have a chose when it comes to a women not getting an abortion.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:42 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:55 PM
If he had a uterus to continue growing the child that the women doesn't want and the child could be safely removed from her and implanted into him then, yes he should have a say.
CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Like I said, the woman should listen and take the guys feelings into consideration, but she can't be forced to do so. What if a woman got pregnant from rape? Is it ok for her rapist, who forced her to have sex, to also force her to carry that child because *he* wants it? I don't think it is. If men were given that right, too many would abuse it, and probaby walk away in the end, leaving the woman with a child she never wanted. Giving men that right would just open the doors for all kinds of bad things to happen. I don't like abortion, and I would not have one except in extreme circumstances, but I don't believe anyone, including the government should get a say over anyones body.

Quoting Anonymous:

Jessy76
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:02 PM

He does have a say. His say is before the child is conceived. He had a couple of choices. !st is to have sex with someone who may or may not be prepared to have his child and second is whether or not to wear a condom. Once he choses to have sex and not put on a condom his choices about what happens after conception are kind of null and void.

I tell my adult sons all the time if you are not prepared to be a dad then put a condom on or DONT have sex period!

ashleyrenee24
by 2ne1 on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:05 PM
Because its not his body. Even though its his dna, his body is not being affected. Biology sucks sometimes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:10 PM

first and for most i will say i am pro choice, with that being said one thing that has always had me torn is, ok man and woman get pregnant, man says "i don't want to have a baby right now" womans says "well i do" woman has baby man pays child support for the next 18 yrs. Turn it around woman says "i dont want a baby right now" man says "i do" woman says "too bad" gets an abortion, So woman get a free pass if they don't want a baby, I'm not saynig that "free pass" doesn't come without a cost, but a man doesnt get that same free pass, if he says dont have it, and she says yes he has to pay, if he says have it she says no she doesnt have to pay, i think if men have no say in it either way, then there should be paper work they can sign, has to be signed before she is 16 weeks pregnant (the abortion deadline) and it takes away all of his rights, then he shouldnt have to pay child support, but there should be no undoing that later no taking to court to try to see the child etc. but i think it should be the womans choice with her body

potgieter
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:12 PM

oh man i feel so bad for all the women who have such a strong opinion... one day they will find a way for men to have babies and they are going to kill your children!! 

mommie2twogirls
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:12 PM

in all fairness condoms break :/

Quoting Jessy76:

He does have a say. His say is before the child is conceived. He had a couple of choices. !st is to have sex with someone who may or may not be prepared to have his child and second is whether or not to wear a condom. Once he choses to have sex and not put on a condom his choices about what happens after conception are kind of null and void.

I tell my adult sons all the time if you are not prepared to be a dad then put a condom on or DONT have sex period!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Chose = Choice and Women = Woman

I personally believe if you are in a relationship with that person then they should have some say so whether or not you kill his child, something that is part of him as well.

CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:22 PM
Somehow, I doubt there will be a high percentage of men volunteering to be the ones to carry babies lol. And if they do, well, their body and their choice. My opinion remains the same either way :)

Quoting potgieter:

oh man i feel so bad for all the women who have such a strong opinion... one day they will find a way for men to have babies and they are going to kill your children!! 

Jessy76
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:30 PM

You are absolutely right that is where their 1st choice comes in.

Quoting mommie2twogirls:

in all fairness condoms break :/

Quoting Jessy76:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN