Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Valentines Day 2013

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:36 PM
  • 244 Replies
Do you and your SO celebrate Valentines Day? Does he surprise you with love gifts and a date? Do you make plans together? Spend it together as a whole family?

So im not expecting anything to happen for dh and I because when we first got together we talked about it and I have always felt Valentines Day was silly "Holiday". Only because i believed a person who was in love should be able to make you feel special, loved, appreciated and treated like a Princess everyday not just one day out of the year. Also i never celebrated it when i was younger and never got so super excited to go to school because i was getting a Valentines card or carnation that day lol i have no idea what it is i just absolutely have no feeling for joy for the day. Until. . . Last year my Dh woke me up to the Cutedt huge monkey with a heart in his hands i named him George lol he also got me my favorite dark chocolate truffle chocolates and boxes of nerds lol he took me shopping for clothes to wear that night, we had dinner at Red Lobster Yum!! And went to our favorite rockabilly bar. Then got a slice of my favorite favorite pizza went home and you know what he got *winkwink* lol. So this year i don't expect it to happen again because i still believe its a silly day lol but if it does awwwww another story!

It was my only and best Feb 14th ever!

I also think some people celebrate it because they can't spend 1on1 time with eachother as often or at all and their SO saves up for that day to take their lady out and make her smile and have fun after all the kids, work, disagreements.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rockabillybetty
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:39 PM
:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rockabillybetty
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:50 PM
(:
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:53 PM

We usually go out at some point that week but its not a big deal. He usually gets me a cute stuffed animal.

meparty
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this

He usually goes to the store the day after and buys me the $100.00 box of chocolates for $5.00 THE REALLY BIG BOX. like body size... WHITMANS

rockabillybetty
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 3:04 PM
I love strawberry creme filled chocolates :)) i get my kids little Valentines day gifts i get to buy 3 this year

Quoting meparty:

He usually goes to the store the day after and buys me the $100.00 box of chocolates for $5.00 THE REALLY BIG BOX. like body size... WHITMANS

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rockabillybetty
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 3:04 PM
Yea. I get you :)

Quoting mem82:

We usually go out at some point that week but its not a big deal. He usually gets me a cute stuffed animal.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmymunchkins3
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 3:05 PM
he always bring me home a 14k gold rose i had 7 but my kids broke a few i have 2 left now so now sure what he will get me this yr i told him i really want a ring with our kids birthstones and name on it so we will see
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rockabillybetty
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 3:48 PM
Gold roses?? That sounds neat! Do you have any pictures? I want a birthstone ring too when im for sure definitely not having another baby :))

Quoting luvmymunchkins3:

he always bring me home a 14k gold rose i had 7 but my kids broke a few i have 2 left now so now sure what he will get me this yr i told him i really want a ring with our kids birthstones and name on it so we will see

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmymunchkins3
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 4:03 PM
i can take a pic real quick http://ihatestevensingeronline.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=7&gclid=COGg1Meh67QCFcqY4AodjBwAAg thats where he got them ill take a picture in a little but when he got them they were a little more expensive then they are now
Quoting rockabillybetty:

Gold roses?? That sounds neat! Do you have any pictures? I want a birthstone ring too when im for sure definitely not having another baby :))

Quoting luvmymunchkins3:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TariMeccico
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 4:04 PM

We usually go out and have a nice evening. But once again he is deployed this go round.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN