Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Do you and your SO celebrate Valentines Day? Does he surprise you with love gifts and a date? Do you make plans together? Spend it together as a whole family?

So im not expecting anything to happen for dh and I because when we first got together we talked about it and I have always felt Valentines Day was silly "Holiday". Only because i believed a person who was in love should be able to make you feel special, loved, appreciated and treated like a Princess everyday not just one day out of the year. Also i never celebrated it when i was younger and never got so super excited to go to school because i was getting a Valentines card or carnation that day lol i have no idea what it is i just absolutely have no feeling for joy for the day. Until. . . Last year my Dh woke me up to the Cutedt huge monkey with a heart in his hands i named him George lol he also got me my favorite dark chocolate truffle chocolates and boxes of nerds lol he took me shopping for clothes to wear that night, we had dinner at Red Lobster Yum!! And went to our favorite rockabilly bar. Then got a slice of my favorite favorite pizza went home and you know what he got *winkwink* lol. So this year i don't expect it to happen again because i still believe its a silly day lol but if it does awwwww another story!

It was my only and best Feb 14th ever!

I also think some people celebrate it because they can't spend 1on1 time with eachother as often or at all and their SO saves up for that day to take their lady out and make her smile and have fun after all the kids, work, disagreements.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Replies (21-30):
lovinthislife08
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 5:45 PM
We always celebrate cause it's our anniversary :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Keara20
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 5:45 PM
All I want is some peanut butter cups
DannieLou
by Mockingjay on Jan. 15, 2013 at 5:52 PM
I'd love to go to Chicago! We live in MO, smack dab in the middle. So, it would be far enough away but still kinda close. Plus we could travel by train! I've never been there or traveled by train so it would be neat!

Quoting rockabillybetty:

Ooooh niice;)) where would you wana go??

Quoting DannieLou:

Mine varies from year to year. I've been with my DH for 3 years now and this will be our 4th Valentines. It usually depends on our budget as to what we do. Last year, I bought him a really nice, somewhat expensive watch that he'd been eyeballing for awhile. I asked for a spa day and that's what I got! This year, I dunno...we got married in July and didn't get a honeymoon. I'm thinking that some kind of weekend getaway is in order!

rockabillybetty
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 5:59 PM
Oh wow I've never thought of anyplace i could travel by train to sounds fun!! Chicago!! Im a Chicago fan because of the mob lol

Quoting DannieLou:

I'd love to go to Chicago! We live in MO, smack dab in the middle. So, it would be far enough away but still kinda close. Plus we could travel by train! I've never been there or traveled by train so it would be neat!

Quoting rockabillybetty:

Ooooh niice;)) where would you wana go??

Quoting DannieLou:

Mine varies from year to year. I've been with my DH for 3 years now and this will be our 4th Valentines. It usually depends on our budget as to what we do. Last year, I bought him a really nice, somewhat expensive watch that he'd been eyeballing for awhile. I asked for a spa day and that's what I got! This year, I dunno...we got married in July and didn't get a honeymoon. I'm thinking that some kind of weekend getaway is in order!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TariMeccico
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:00 PM

Marines. It sucks but even though he is away he still manages to surprise me lol.

Quoting rockabillybetty:

Aww that sucks :(( army? My cousin is going to be deployed soon too she's in boot camp again or something dh works with her though

Quoting TariMeccico:

We usually go out and have a nice evening. But once again he is deployed this go round.

♥a marines baby girl♥
I'm a Marine's baby girl and I'll always be
Giving up precious time so we can all be free
But still I'm the baby girl of a United States Marine
Even before that day I was born
My daddy has worn that elite uniform
Khaki and green with dog tags to wear
No matter what, I know my daddy will always be there
When he returns fr
om work I nestle in his arms
Protecting me from the surrounding world and any type of harm
He might look scary and sometimes even mean
But here's my little secret, he's a softy for his baby girl even as a Marine
I wear my pink as my daddy wears his blues
My daddy knows why he is Semper Fi
You may call him leatherneck, jar head, devil dog and many other things
But I call him daddy 'cause that's what he'll always be to me.

rockabillybetty
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:01 PM
Have you seen the huge ones?? Omg they're like almost 2 inches thick! Lol

Quoting Keara20:

All I want is some peanut butter cups

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:01 PM

money is tight but usually just dinner together

rockabillybetty
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:02 PM
Aww sweet! A friend of mine is a marine. He's my high school sweetheart he's divorced now but he used to send his wife flowers too with gifts it was cute

Quoting TariMeccico:

Marines. It sucks but even though he is away he still manages to surprise me lol.

Quoting rockabillybetty:

Aww that sucks :(( army? My cousin is going to be deployed soon too she's in boot camp again or something dh works with her though

Quoting TariMeccico:

We usually go out and have a nice evening. But once again he is deployed this go round.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rockabillybetty
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:03 PM
First date? Or wedding?? Thats awesome :))

Quoting lovinthislife08:

We always celebrate cause it's our anniversary :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rockabillybetty
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:04 PM
Lol fingers crossed!! :))

Quoting kiralyn:

I usually plan everything. A nice dinner and dessert and presents with the kids. But this year, I'm leaving it up to him. Hopefully he comes through, lol.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN