Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Do you and your SO celebrate Valentines Day? Does he surprise you with love gifts and a date? Do you make plans together? Spend it together as a whole family?

So im not expecting anything to happen for dh and I because when we first got together we talked about it and I have always felt Valentines Day was silly "Holiday". Only because i believed a person who was in love should be able to make you feel special, loved, appreciated and treated like a Princess everyday not just one day out of the year. Also i never celebrated it when i was younger and never got so super excited to go to school because i was getting a Valentines card or carnation that day lol i have no idea what it is i just absolutely have no feeling for joy for the day. Until. . . Last year my Dh woke me up to the Cutedt huge monkey with a heart in his hands i named him George lol he also got me my favorite dark chocolate truffle chocolates and boxes of nerds lol he took me shopping for clothes to wear that night, we had dinner at Red Lobster Yum!! And went to our favorite rockabilly bar. Then got a slice of my favorite favorite pizza went home and you know what he got *winkwink* lol. So this year i don't expect it to happen again because i still believe its a silly day lol but if it does awwwww another story!

It was my only and best Feb 14th ever!

I also think some people celebrate it because they can't spend 1on1 time with eachother as often or at all and their SO saves up for that day to take their lady out and make her smile and have fun after all the kids, work, disagreements.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Replies (31-40):
Pink.Sunshine
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:05 PM

I don't celebrate that day.

rockabillybetty
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:06 PM
Lol i see. Well you're right he's surrounded by flowers at least a dozen should scream "My Girlfriend" !!

Quoting Stephd710:

For the past three Valentines I have been single.  Before that when I was married, I rarely got more than a card.  I am seeing someone right now and have been for a little over a month.  He better send me some damn flowers!!!!  He works at a friggin flower nursery....so no excuse.  If I dont get something....i might flip out.  I know its petty but so what. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rockabillybetty
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:09 PM
No way! I know mine would be like " hell yeah!!" Lol i bought my dh a card for his bday once and it had a beer bottle opener on a keychain lol

Quoting Jess821:

SO isnt the type to pick something out himself.w usually just go on a date. We havemt bought eachother anything for valentines day in....forever.

This year i plan to make him some chocolate covered strawberries and buy him a card or something. Is that cheesy? Lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jbirdsladie27
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:10 PM

We do celebrate, he surprises me daily, Valentines is no different.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I love coffee, I am all for the legalization of Marijuana. Coffee is the bomb, I love to read & I collect books, I drink lots of coffee, I have a new found love for cooking new things and trying new recipes, I like my coffee. The first thing that attracted me to my husband of 20 + years was the way he and only he can make me laugh, he also LOVES coffee. We have 2 gorgeous sons & we have 4 dogs (1 of which LOVES coffee & will beg for it), a few cats & a pet snake (cats and snake don't do coffee). Our sons are my everything, they like coffee too. I love to hike the beaten path with my guys, canoe, camp, & just be goofy. Did I mention I love coffee??

Kimsd
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:10 PM
We haven't really celebrated Valentine's Day so far. Last year he actually got me a dozen roses and a card. The first and only card I have gotten in almost 5 years.

This year, hopefully my mom is going to keep the kids overnight and I am going to do something big. Not exactly sure what yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meliscool72
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:11 PM

my fiance doesn't really celebrate valentine's day, we celebrate our anniversary because valentines day is our anniversary, it will be a 2nd anniversary together. However, I have a feeling we won't be celebrating this year because he just got a 2nd job and started his 2nd job today and what makes matters worse is that I am a stay at home wife until my toe is healed from when I broke it when I stubbed it. He wants me to stay home until it is better.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:13 PM
I only have a guy who we're more than fwb's and want to be together but we're both slow going. I'm going to get him something small but I don't expect anything from him and I won't be too disappointed. Honestly, I kind of want him to ask me to date him instead.
Kitschy
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:14 PM

We don't usually celebrate, but this year I'm buying him new sun glasses. I know he really wants a nice new pair. He just bought me a hand bag but he doesn't know it yet. He'll find out when I unwrap it on Valentine's day. lol

rockabillybetty
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:15 PM
Rite on :)

Quoting Pink.Sunshine:

I don't celebrate that day.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chasingrandbaby
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:22 PM

we always spent the actual valentines day with a candlelight dinner with the kids and then we went out ourselves on the closest weekend

I am not fond of flowers and roses, altho they r beautiful, they cost way too much money and die so quickly, plus the cats knock the  vase over and eat the flowers!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)