Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Do you and your SO celebrate Valentines Day? Does he surprise you with love gifts and a date? Do you make plans together? Spend it together as a whole family?

So im not expecting anything to happen for dh and I because when we first got together we talked about it and I have always felt Valentines Day was silly "Holiday". Only because i believed a person who was in love should be able to make you feel special, loved, appreciated and treated like a Princess everyday not just one day out of the year. Also i never celebrated it when i was younger and never got so super excited to go to school because i was getting a Valentines card or carnation that day lol i have no idea what it is i just absolutely have no feeling for joy for the day. Until. . . Last year my Dh woke me up to the Cutedt huge monkey with a heart in his hands i named him George lol he also got me my favorite dark chocolate truffle chocolates and boxes of nerds lol he took me shopping for clothes to wear that night, we had dinner at Red Lobster Yum!! And went to our favorite rockabilly bar. Then got a slice of my favorite favorite pizza went home and you know what he got *winkwink* lol. So this year i don't expect it to happen again because i still believe its a silly day lol but if it does awwwww another story!

It was my only and best Feb 14th ever!

I also think some people celebrate it because they can't spend 1on1 time with eachother as often or at all and their SO saves up for that day to take their lady out and make her smile and have fun after all the kids, work, disagreements.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Replies (41-50):
rockabillybetty
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:27 PM
1 mom liked this
That's exactly how it should be !! :))

Quoting jbirdsladie27:

We do celebrate, he surprises me daily, Valentines is no different.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Keara20
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:27 PM
Holy cep, no I haven't!!! Wait, are they the ones shape like a giant heart?

Quoting rockabillybetty:

Have you seen the huge ones?? Omg they're like almost 2 inches thick! Lol

Quoting Keara20:

All I want is some peanut butter cups

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rockabillybetty
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:29 PM
Simple things you love!! :)) like example i would be happy with a pie (pizza lol) and park on a look out spot in the mountains good music and my babe :))

Quoting Kimsd:

We haven't really celebrated Valentine's Day so far. Last year he actually got me a dozen roses and a card. The first and only card I have gotten in almost 5 years.

This year, hopefully my mom is going to keep the kids overnight and I am going to do something big. Not exactly sure what yet.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rockabillybetty
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:32 PM
Aw i hope you have a speedy recovery!

Quoting meliscool72:

my fiance doesn't really celebrate valentine's day, we celebrate our anniversary because valentines day is our anniversary, it will be a 2nd anniversary together. However, I have a feeling we won't be celebrating this year because he just got a 2nd job and started his 2nd job today and what makes matters worse is that I am a stay at home wife until my toe is healed from when I broke it when I stubbed it. He wants me to stay home until it is better.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MichelleSw
by CoolStory on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:35 PM
We do! It is just a money making holiday but its also a time we can set aside for us to do big things together. Yes, we should do it all the time; but life doesn't always work that way! I actually get ├╝ber excited about it!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
meliscool72
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:37 PM

me too, after I broke my toe I have put my shoe back on (not advisable), got it ran over by my dad's walker, stepped on by another person when I went out to eat, stepped on something that bent my broken toe several times (so hopefully it is speedy, I don't want to be the only one not contributing financially)

Quoting rockabillybetty:

Aw i hope you have a speedy recovery!

Quoting meliscool72:

my fiance doesn't really celebrate valentine's day, we celebrate our anniversary because valentines day is our anniversary, it will be a 2nd anniversary together. However, I have a feeling we won't be celebrating this year because he just got a 2nd job and started his 2nd job today and what makes matters worse is that I am a stay at home wife until my toe is healed from when I broke it when I stubbed it. He wants me to stay home until it is better.

stykir
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:37 PM

hehe no he's no poet. he's just more open in writing than speaking it, so he'll say what he loves about me, what great things have happened to us in the past year and how his love has grown and that he's thankful we're together. i feel so lucky that he can express himself that way. i buy him a card but i always put "um. love you. you're a great husband. yeah. love you!" or something equally awkward LOL

Quoting rockabillybetty:

Cute. Does he write you a small poem?

Quoting stykir:

my husband usually gets me a small bouquet of flowers and a card. he's really good at writing in cards so i love getting them. and at some point we'll go somewhere to eat. he doesn't like huge crowds so we don't generally go out ON valentine's day.

Jess821
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:41 PM
Lol! SO doesnt drink, if he did id have a lot more options as gifts ha ha

So far he doesnt know so im kind of hoping he works that day so i can do things while hes at work anf surprise him

Quoting rockabillybetty:

No way! I know mine would be like " hell yeah!!" Lol i bought my dh a card for his bday once and it had a beer bottle opener on a keychain lol

Quoting Jess821:

SO isnt the type to pick something out himself.w usually just go on a date. We havemt bought eachother anything for valentines day in....forever.

This year i plan to make him some chocolate covered strawberries and buy him a card or something. Is that cheesy? Lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rockabillybetty
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol have you practiced your surprise face?? Lol

Quoting Kitschy:

We don't usually celebrate, but this year I'm buying him new sun glasses. I know he really wants a nice new pair. He just bought me a hand bag but he doesn't know it yet. He'll find out when I unwrap it on Valentine's day. lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jmama0307
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:50 PM

Yes we celebrate it but this year we decided not to do anything special just have lunch at Macaroni Grill but we celebrating on the 15 cause the 14 is on thurs and my DF works till late. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN