Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Married but pregnant by rape.. please help..EDIT

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

Please don't bash me. My intentions where good to begin with.. now i'm rethinking everything.

Here is a time line tht might help you understand more. .

• September 2011 - My husband and I married. Two weeks after he left me for another woman. we ended up sleeping together while he was with her. we both got pregnant at the same time.
  • December 2011 - I had a miscarriage and we ended up trying to work things out.
  • April 2012 - We where still hving alot of issues with him getting her pregnant. I ended up leaving him for two nights to hang out with my guy friend. I know it sounds bad but we where strictly friends until he raped me that night. I came back to my husband and didn't tell him. I tried acting normal and ended up sleeping with him two days after i was raped. I didn't tell anybody what had happend to me.
  • May 2012 - My husband and I's first daughter turned two. That day of her party I took a pregnancy test which came up positive. I went to my midwife and she confirmed that i was indeed pregnant. I was raped on the 20th of April, had slept with my husband the 24th. My midwife said her estimate was that I conceived around the 24th give or take a couple days. I told my husband I was pregnant but didn't say anything about being raped or maybe that it was not his baby.
  • August 2012 - His daughter from another woman was born and we soon found out we where having another girl.
  • January 2013 - My due date is today. My husband still does not know about the rape and still does not know our daughter may not be his and neither does anybody else.

I chose to not tell my husband because i was afraid he would make me give the baby up. I love my baby so much nd it would kill me. Through random conversation he has told me he wouldn't leave me if I was carrying somebbody elses child. Yes i beleive him but my guilt is getting the best of me.. I so badly want to tell him but I'm so scared.. and wht if he tells somebody else it was by rape? or wht if he doesn't beleive me that it was rape because we where hving problems? I'm so scared and I don't know wht to do. Please don't bash me.. Just please give me advice..

I don't think it matters how old I am. Why i went back to him after he slept with some one else or why i still slept with him while he was with her. It happend. I can't change it now. All i wnt to know is what I can do now. Its too late to press charges as this happend in april and there would be no proof.

When I went to go hang out with this guy it was strictly as friends. We had been friends for a while so why would i think he would do that to me? If you don't beleive me then fine. I dont' expect everybody to. But it happend and all i'm asking for is help.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 15, 2013 at 4:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 15, 2013 at 4:45 PM
How old are you?
sthflachk
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 4:46 PM
Do a home paternity test and go from there sweetie.

If the child isn't his tell him what happened and then tell the police and press charges. Or not.

Just do the test first. Your dh doesn't need to know unless it shows he isn't her dad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dirby1988
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 4:46 PM
I would talk to him about it and hope he understands. *hugs* and goodluck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 4:48 PM
1 mom liked this

If he loves you, it won't matter to him either way.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 15, 2013 at 4:49 PM
So wait, you both had sexual interactions with someone else willingly and unwillingly resulting in children but also have a child together.

Um I'd tell your husband. Get a home test for $80.

Legally though in most states a husband is the legal parent regardless of DNA. But do you want this guy showing up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 15, 2013 at 4:49 PM
He left you, TWO WEEKS after you married??? And you STILL slept with him while he was with the other chick?? Wow. Sorry you where raped but you should of told your DH and reported it to the police. Good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 15, 2013 at 4:51 PM
Im so sorry that happened to you=( try counsling with your husband. That might help. I too was raped by a friend but didnt get pregnant. (((hugs)))
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 15, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Get dna done and go from there. whether by rape or not, he has no ground to kick fits, since he also has a  kid with someone else. y'all also need to decide whether or not your marriage is going to be permanent or not.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 15, 2013 at 4:51 PM

You made the choice not to report or tell your husband which I disagree with. However at this point non of that matter, him knowing or not knowing really doesnt change anything. If you had cheated I would say he has the right to know but you were a victim and I am not sure after this long it would be worth the pain it would cause both of you..

He may not believe you, what then.. If you are happy with your husband enjoy your life together! Hopefully it never comes up later or maybe you can get a kit and test if he is the father before talking to him. If he is do you want to share the rape?

meparty
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 4:51 PM

You went to hang with him, and he raped you.......... you havent told your husband anything... um not buying this

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)