Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

**UPDATE** *ETA* 6 days late.. But husband has been snipped

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 211 Replies
1 mom liked this

Okay, so after our daughter was born, my husband and I decided that we were done having children. (Granted, I think it was the lack of sleep talking on my part) In April 2011, DH had a vasectomy, so almost 2 years ago. In the past year, my periods have been VERY regular. Arriving every 29 days on the nose. So to be 6 days late now, freaks me out. DH does NOT want anymore kids.  We are happily married and neither of us have ever cheated...( I know this is something SOMEONE will bring up). I'm guessing its time to get a pregnancy test.... Please explain how this can happen?

Thanks for reading, I just needed to let it out. DH is under a lot of stress and I don't want to talk to him about this right now, until I'm sure. 

**Picked up a test at Walmart. I could only afford one test. And it was DEFECTIVE! The control line was all dotted and it had big horizontal lines through the big window. I am going to just call the doctor in the morning. I can usually get in same day. Especially for something like this. I can not believe the test was defective! I didn't have my phone in the bathroom to take a pic... I've never seen a test do this. And I took the test out to the street to the trash can. Don't want to say anything to DH until I have a definitive answer. Thanks again, ladies, for the support. 

*** went to the doctor on Friday. They did a blood test, the urine test had a light positive. My doc just wants to be sure. Told DH, he has an appointment to get himself checked out. He did not accuse me of cheating. We have a strong relationship and know that neither of us would do that to each other. My doctor said she'd call on Tuesday when the office is open again, to give me my test results. 

*** sorry I haven't been able to update. I was admitted to the hospital Sunday. I fainted, and when I got to the ER, I had started bleeding. It turns out, not only was I pregnant but I had ectopic pregnancy. I was rushed into the OR to remove the embryo. DH went to the doctor yesterday to leave his deposit. We should know this week what his count is. So far, obviously, he has some swimmers left and will have to have another snip. Since I'm done breastfeeding, I am going on BC pills. It's been a tough several days. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 15, 2013 at 5:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mazie0723
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 5:22 PM

It's always possible when you have sex. Good Luck!

Carson Lenox

pregnancy week by week

kate80
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 5:23 PM
It can grow back together. Best of luck.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CreziaMommyTo2
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 5:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Okay, so after our daughter was born, my husband and I decided that we were done having children. (Granted, I think it was the lack of sleep talking on my part) In April 2011, DH had a vasectomy, so almost 2 years ago. In the past year, my periods have been VERY regular. Arriving every 29 days on the nose. So to be 6 days late now, freaks me out. DH does NOT want anymore kids.  We are happily married and neither of us have ever cheated...( I know this is something SOMEONE will bring up). I'm guessing its time to get a pregnancy test.... Please explain how this can happen?

Thanks for reading, I just needed to let it out. DH is under a lot of stress and I don't want to talk to him about this right now, until I'm sure. 

you had sex

ilovemykids323
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 5:23 PM

a vasectomy is not 100% reliable you can still get pregnant. good luck with the test and keep us updated!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 15, 2013 at 5:23 PM

40% of vasectomies have complications that include spontaneous reversal, tell him to Google it.

sparkle_monkey
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 5:24 PM
2 moms liked this
It's always possible, but being late could be from a multitude of things. Best of luck!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 15, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Could you be under stress due to your dh being under stress.  If I am stressed out it seems that my cycle is off kilter. 

other_mother
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 5:24 PM

My aunt is a nurse practitioner who works in an ob-gyn office. She has had 2 patients who have gotten pregnant with their husbands child after their husband's successful vasectomies. She knows it was their husbands' children because of the demands by the men for DNA tests.

zebbyzebby06
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 5:24 PM
Evrn snipped ones make babys
Bauxite-17
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 5:25 PM

Vasectomies aren't always for certain.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured