Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

church again?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
dh has gone to church every evening since friday, i wish hed spend an evening with me. his church is in revival and hes gone everyday. ill be glad when this revival is over, although its not like they dont have one every stinkin month. just venting. its annoying.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:21 PM
6 moms liked this

Praise God!!!!!! He could have been going to the bar or titty bar everynight instead. Sometimes you have to thank God for small favors.

gwebkeijmmm
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:21 PM

I love revival week!  Ours is only Sunday through Wed. but I wish it lasted the entire week. 

Jimalin
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:22 PM
Why not go with him and enjoy something he likes
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:23 PM
He's cheating run!
DevinAnnesmom
by Sarah on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:25 PM
Why don't you go with him?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:26 PM
the church is pentecostal and i am southern baptist. we all have very different views and the way they conduct thier church is honestly terrifying for me. i dont understand speaking in tongues and its really scary. in that church women are expected to be in floor length skirts and long sleeves. its a sin to cut your hair or have your ears peirced, so by thier standards i have no business being in there. but he enjoys the sermons and worship.

Quoting Jimalin:

Why not go with him and enjoy something he likes

chalisa0
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:28 PM

I don't know what this "revival" is.  My church doesn't do that-at least not around here. Is this something you're interested in?  I'm guessing not, since it annoys you so much.  Have you talked to dh about it?  Maybe you should try some counseling to learn a happy compromise (just make sure the couselor is not part of his church.)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:29 PM
haha no, its a family church and if he was cheating it would be with a cousin or something. lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

He's cheating run!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:31 PM
its basically a week or two week long series of "wednesday night" style services, only its every night. and then including sunday church as well. and no im not interested in it, i dont believe the way they do. im deep southern baptist and they are pentecostal. polar opposites. ive talked to him about it but its not my place to put a damper on his religion or religious practices.

Quoting chalisa0:

I don't know what this "revival" is.  My church doesn't do that-at least not around here. Is this something you're interested in?  I'm guessing not, since it annoys you so much.  Have you talked to dh about it?  Maybe you should try some counseling to learn a happy compromise (just make sure the couselor is not part of his church.)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:33 PM
i suppose its better than that, but dh doesnt like bars or strip joints, says they are waste of time when he could just bang me for free -_-

Quoting Anonymous:

Praise God!!!!!! He could have been going to the bar or titty bar everynight instead. Sometimes you have to thank God for small favors.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)