Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

church again?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
dh has gone to church every evening since friday, i wish hed spend an evening with me. his church is in revival and hes gone everyday. ill be glad when this revival is over, although its not like they dont have one every stinkin month. just venting. its annoying.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:19 PM
Replies (11-20):
Jimalin
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:40 PM
Ok ya I wouldn't go lol I'm also southern baptist

Quoting Anonymous:

the church is pentecostal and i am southern baptist. we all have very different views and the way they conduct thier church is honestly terrifying for me. i dont understand speaking in tongues and its really scary. in that church women are expected to be in floor length skirts and long sleeves. its a sin to cut your hair or have your ears peirced, so by thier standards i have no business being in there. but he enjoys the sermons and worship.

Quoting Jimalin:

Why not go with him and enjoy something he likes

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:42 PM
1 mom liked this
i like my reserved gospel hymns and calm sermons, no fainting and backflips for me.

Quoting Jimalin:

Ok ya I wouldn't go lol I'm also southern baptist

Quoting Anonymous:

the church is pentecostal and i am southern baptist. we all have very different views and the way they conduct thier church is honestly terrifying for me. i dont understand speaking in tongues and its really scary. in that church women are expected to be in floor length skirts and long sleeves. its a sin to cut your hair or have your ears peirced, so by thier standards i have no business being in there. but he enjoys the sermons and worship.

Quoting Jimalin:

alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:43 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Praise God!!!!!! He could have been going to the bar or titty bar everynight instead. Sometimes you have to thank God for small favors.

I'd rather my husband spend every night at a titty bar.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

brittany208
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:44 PM

You should find a church you BOTH can like and benefit from. I assume not all pentecostal churches are the same.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Jimalin:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:48 PM
im sure not all are, but church is not really my thing, i have bad social anxiety and get really nervous and my BP goes up, i start seeing spots and stuff, im ok if i can sit way in the back corner away from people but they always call me out and make everyone look at me. i just watch church sermons on tv when i can.

Quoting brittany208:

You should find a church you BOTH can like and benefit from. I assume not all pentecostal churches are the same.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Jimalin:

brittany208
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:50 PM

that's weird that they would make everyone look at you. i used to get anxious going to DH's church, so we would go to a little room behind the main room where we could hear the sermon but not see anything or anyone. then we could just sit quietly and listen. I hate churches where people are overly friendly.

Quoting Anonymous:

im sure not all are, but church is not really my thing, i have bad social anxiety and get really nervous and my BP goes up, i start seeing spots and stuff, im ok if i can sit way in the back corner away from people but they always call me out and make everyone look at me. i just watch church sermons on tv when i can.

Quoting brittany208:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Jimalin:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:52 PM
i have a thing about touching, its gross and inappropriate, and they all wanna hang all over me like a bunch of leeches. i hate it. i have to carefully dodge hugs at family gatherings.

Quoting brittany208:

that's weird that they would make everyone look at you. i used to get anxious going to DH's church, so we would go to a little room behind the main room where we could hear the sermon but not see anything or anyone. then we could just sit quietly and listen. I hate churches where people are overly friendly.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting brittany208:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Jimalin:

brittany208
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 7:09 PM

That is weird. There's an old lady at our church that has an address book and wants to write down everyone's address. And she's "met us for the first time" like 5 times now. I find her creepy. I mean, I'm sure she's sweet, but no I don't want to give everyone our address!

Quoting Anonymous:

i have a thing about touching, its gross and inappropriate, and they all wanna hang all over me like a bunch of leeches. i hate it. i have to carefully dodge hugs at family gatherings.

Quoting brittany208:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting brittany208:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Jimalin:

spooky415
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 7:10 PM
the speaking in tongues always freaks me out. my friend's church is like that. she likes the community because she grew up in it and she doesn't really do it much...but it freaks me out.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2013 at 7:29 PM
id give her an old address. lol.

Quoting brittany208:

That is weird. There's an old lady at our church that has an address book and wants to write down everyone's address. And she's "met us for the first time" like 5 times now. I find her creepy. I mean, I'm sure she's sweet, but no I don't want to give everyone our address!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting brittany208:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting brittany208:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Jimalin:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)