Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

EDIT 2***:My Confession...I almost lost my child to a simple mistake

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I was at work and normally DF texts me but for some reason that night he didn't. I knew in my gut something was wrong. I called him and as soon as he picked up he said hold on and another man got on the phone it was a police officer. Heres exactly what happen:Officer:"Ms.____, this is officer ____ with the Prince William County police Department I'm here with your DF. Are you the mother of ____"My heart Drops!
Me:"yes I am what's going on"(I'm panicking but I'm driving home)
Officer:" Ma'am your DF fell asleep and left your front door unlock so your son left out and has been walking around outside in the cold with only a shirt and pamper on" " He (my son) followed a young man in his house". "Are you on your way home?"

Me: "Omg! Is ___ ok where is he!!!" I thought I was going to get into an accident.

Long story short my dumb ass DF falls asleep with my front door unlock my Autistic 3 year old son leaves out and is walking for hours alone. DF wakes up and looks for him. Woman whose house my son walks into takes care of him until the police gets there and until I get there (she called police and NOT DF) Moral of the story is I believe GOD looked out for my DS that night and I'll never forget that feeling of what if...

Children are kidnapped, murdered, and more. he could have been hit by a car, that woman could've kept him, and sooo much more. Kiss your children EVERY Night!

ETA: DS is ok now we have, child proof safety locks on door. DF was charged with a misdemeanor Neglect of a Minor and Trespassing . The officer wanted to charge him with a felony but didn't.

EDIT: THANK YOU FOR YOUR WELL WISHES AND DS IS FINE. THERE HAVE BEEN A FEW I WANT TO ADDRESS. I BELIEVE IN GOD, IF YOU DON'T SO BE IT BUT DON'T YOU DARE COMPARE MY SITUATION TO THE SANDY HOOK INCIDENT AND COME BACK WITH A SMART ASS COMMENT AND SAY "OH YEA GOD WAS TOO BUSY PROTECTING YOUR CHILD FOR HOURS WHILE HE LET THOSE CHILDREN FALL BY THE WAYSIDE" HOW DARE YOU GO THERE! LIFE IS LIFE THERE IS AN ORDER AND A BALANCE. PEOPLE DIE EVERYDAY AND PEOPLE ARE BORN EVERYDAY. MAY THOSE POOR SOULS REST IN PEACE AND STOP USING THEIR LOST AS A WAY TO "JUSTIFY" YOUR FEELINGS ABOUT GOD. NEXT: FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO WANT TO KNOW YES IM STILL WITH MY DF. IT'S NOT BECAUSE IM WEAK OR PATHETIC BUT BECAUSE HE'S A GOOD MAN AND A TERRIBLE ACCIDENT OCCURRED AND HE FIGHTS THOSE DEMONS WITHIN HIMSELF EVERYDAY. I CANT PUNISH HIM MORE THEN HE PUNISHES HIMSELF FOR LETTING US DOWN. HE HAS BEEN IN OUR LIVES SINCE DS WAS 10 MONTHS. IF EVERYONE RAN AT THE SIGHT OF EVERY PROBLEM THEN THIS WORLD WOULD BE FILLED WITH LONELY DAMN PEOPLE. WE'RE ADULTS WE TALK THINGS OUT AND WORK THROUGH THEM LIKE EVERY ADULT RELATIONSHIP SHOULD.
***EDIT 2*** LADIES I JUST WANTED TO SAY I NEVER WANTED THIS TO TURN INTO A HUGE DEBATE OVER IF THERE IS A GOD OR NOT. I MENTIONED HIM BECAUSE AS A BELIEVER I WAS JUST GIVING HIM THE THANKS AND PRAISE FOR MY SONS SAFE RETURN. ME DOING SO IS NO DIFFERENT FROM A MUSLIM THANKING ALLAH OR MOHAMMED OR A GREEK THANKING ZEUS. THEY BELIEVE SO THEY GIVE THANKS. NOW TO THE LADIES WHO KEEP SAYING "BYE DF" WHAT IF THE SHOE WAS ON THE OTHER FOOT AND YOU FELL ASLEEP WHILE WATCHING HIS KID AND YOU DON'T HAVE ANY YET, SHOULD HE LEAVE YOU AS WELL? LETS BE REAL HERE, ACCIDENTS HAPPEN TO THE BEST OF US. FROM THE STORIES SHARED KIDS DO ESCAPE. IT'S A LESSON LEARNED.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:56 PM
Replies (11-20):
SuperJo
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:01 PM
I'm glad to read your son was alright.<3
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:01 PM
This. Op get an alarm system.

Quoting BeAmour:

dueces irresponsible stbxdf

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:01 PM
Yep! They wanted to charge DF with a Felony but he only got a misdemeanor

Quoting mommyof31024:

Wow thats crazy I would of beat my hubby ass foreal I'm so glade you're som okay. Did the cops or ladie call child protective services on you?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:02 PM
2 moms liked this

My ex did something similar, hence why he is my ex. 

Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:02 PM

im glad hes ok!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:02 PM
1 mom liked this

god didnt look out for him, the lady did.  Regardless, Im glad he's ok.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:02 PM
We got child safety locks for our front door

Quoting svolkov:

This. Op get an alarm system.

Quoting BeAmour:

dueces irresponsible stbxdf

skittlefart
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:02 PM

oh wow, that's crazy scary....I'm glad mine doesn't walk yet...better believe I'm going to have my eyes on him like a hawk when he does start though. Your df deserves a swift kick in the balls for that mistake. Glad your son is okay though.

100_2740_zps5829069a-1_zpsb5588e7c
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Wedding tickers
Mel0dy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:03 PM
1 mom liked this

OMG. So happy he is okay with tha being said I would be kicking my Dfs fawking ass

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:03 PM
He couldn't even look at me when it happened

Quoting skittlefart:

oh wow, that's crazy scary....I'm glad mine doesn't walk yet...better believe I'm going to have my eyes on him like a hawk when he does start though. Your df deserves a swift kick in the balls for that mistake. Glad your son is okay though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)