Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

kinda ticked off ***ETA****

Posted by   + Show Post

i went on a job interview and it went great.  they called up my refrences, we agreed on salary.  everything was going great.  i also work part time.  i was takling to one of my coworkers who i have become close with and mentioned that i went on this interview. blah blah blah.  well monday she calls me up and says that she owes me big time, for telling her about the position.  she went ahead applied for the position, and they chose her over me.  im a little pissed and i feel bad that im pissed.  i just wish she told me about how she was going to go for the job too. 

****eta:

i spoke to my therapist today, and she sometimes gets phone calls and emails from companys that hire.  well, its for the same position as the other job, but for a different company.  they start you off at 20 hours a week.  and once you've been there they bump you up to 35 hours a week and starting pay, when you go fulltime is 40g.  im not telling anyone about this job lol

by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Replies (21-30):
NewMamaBoo
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:26 PM

Can't tell people about the good job openings!

Mrs.H15
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:26 PM
I would be hot pissed!! I am hot pissed and its not even me!
gemikris82
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:28 PM

Quoting Mrs.H15:

I would be hot pissed!! I am hot pissed and its not even me!

haha thank you.  i was feeling bad for being upset over this but its like eating away at me.

Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:31 PM
That was pretty sucky of her. Lesson learned. Don't share your job opportunities with anyone. Ever.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Aww damn,that's messed up
mattiehatter
by Mary on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:33 PM

Now you won't talk about other job opportunities with coworkers. Sorry though.

mich.el.le
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:34 PM

I don't blame you. I'd be pissed too.

areyouatroll
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:40 PM
Wtf
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:45 PM
I'd plot against her. I would do whatever I could legally do to get her fired. Like if she covered for me when I was sick, I would call in sick on the days she had to do job 2. So she would either be late or exhausted. I would specifically stop talking to her unless it was a proffesional convo that needed to be had. I would be waiting for her to screw something up and report it. I would wait for her to call in sick, stalk her fb page to see if she was really and then ask her in front of her boss how was shopping on tuesday, then act like you never saw the boss and be like oh, oops, sorry. But yep that would be me. I wouldn't make anything up and I would be sweet as pie the whole time acting like I was her best friend.
StrawberryCool
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:45 PM
I was gonna be a smart ass and go

"Oh well"

But you def deserve to be pissed
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN